Start a new topic

Problem With GeoLocation "trying to find out where yor are"

Hi everyone.

I'm trying using the SDK Wikitude for make a app with reality augmented based location, but i have problems with the example the github "06_PointOfInterest_1_PoiAtLocation" (https://github.com/Wikitude/wikitude-sdk-samples).

I can do it with other examples, but when i trying with location i have the problem "trying to find out where yor are", i trying with GPS, WiFi, in my Office, in the street, but it is not possible and i have the same message. I have the location phone activate.

Thanks if your could me help.

Hi Juan,

in the Wikitude JS SDK for Android you will have to implement your own location strategy and pass your location to the SDK by using ArchitectView.setLocation. More information about this can be found in our documentation.

Best Regards,

Alex

1 person likes this

Thanks Alex.

I read the links and followed the instructions, but now I have another problem.

I attached my problem in the image, it is with the method "LocationProvider" and I think it is by the parameters of the function, but I am not sure.  I already searched for google but I have not had much luck. 

I hope you can help me with that mistake, thank you.

Hi Juan,

you have to add the LocationProvider from the documentation to your java source files and then import com.example.juanmanuel.myapplication.LocationProvider instead of android.location.LocationProvider.

Please note that the LocationProvider approach in the documentation is very minimal and we recommend that you implement your own location service. You could use the Google location service which is described in the android documentation.

Best Regards,

Alex

Login or Signup to post a comment