Start a new topic

HELP! Want to Stream a video from internet to UNITY

I can successfully view the video streaming from a IPCamera into unity on a Gameobject , by using this simple movie streamer script (as given in image). 

But How do i stream online video into Wikitude so that it can trigger AR objects on it. I have tried everything that i could, but i failed.

Please Help me!!!

1111.png
(34.6 KB)

1 person has this problem

Hi,

Can you please further explain what you want to accomplish? Are you planning to use Image Tracking, Object Tracking or Instant Tracking? Do you want to play a video when an image (for example) is recognized by Wikitude, or do you want Wikitude to use your video and try do recognition and tracking on it?

You can also visit our documentation page for more information on how to use our SDK.

Best regards,

Alexandru

I want to do image tracking on a video. And that video should be streamed from internet. for example an IP-Camera's video which will be streamed via IP-Address into unity , on which wikitude's image tracking will be done.  

Hi, 

Please check our SimpleInputPlugin sample, which takes the input from Unity's WebCamTexture and passes it to the SDK, which does the tracking on it and displays it to the screen.

You can also read our documentation about Input Plugins, which explains how the sample works and how to use native pointers to pass the data to the SDK.

Best regards,

Alexandru

yes i have tried. but i dont know how do i give input camera feed from just a URL of ip camera.

Hi,

I'm not familiar with the MovieStreamer plugin you are using. I would suggest contacting the author and ask them how you could get the frames as Color32[]. You can then use the InputPlugin sample code to pass that to the Wikitude SDK.

Best regards,

Alexandru.

Login or Signup to post a comment