Start a new topic

Invalid Animations

We have some WT3 animations that we are playing in our app.  The animation looks correct in the Wikitude 3D encoder.  However, when you play the animation inside of the app it doesn't render correctly.  For example, we've attached a wt3 file along with an image of what we see when it is being played inside of the app.  You can see a video of what it looks like inside Wikitude 3D encoder at  Petunia_Cheer.mov.  You'll notice that inside the app the horns come completely detached from the monster's head during the animation.  However, it looks great inside of the Wikitude 3D encoder.  Is there something that can be done to get it to display the same way that it does in the Wikitude 3D encoder?

Petunia.jpg
(128 KB)
wt3

1 person has this problem

It isn't necessarily possible for us to do this in all cases.  This seems like a bug.  Is there a fix being put in place for this? 

1 person likes this

Hi, 

It seem similar with the issue we have there : https://support.wikitude.com/support/discussions/topics/5000084194

You can try combing the horns to the body.

Hi Heather and Eric,

I agree that these issues look strikingly similar. I've had a quick look, but do not have anything substantial to report yet. So it seems to be an issue that needs to be scheduled properly as it exceeds the timeframe allocated for the average support case.

I'll create reports internally and hope to be able to report back with a solution soon.

As to the issue itself, I can confirm that the encoder rendering and SDK rendering should be the same, obviously. If they do not match, as in this case, it is an issue that needs fixing.

- Daniel

P.S. This exact post has been posted in both threads. I'll keep both of them open and will keep updating them in case the issues have different causes.

Good morning Heather and Eric,

I'm happy to report that the model rendering issues you suffered did indeed have a common source and that the problem has been fixed. The change will have to undergo some testing, but I'm confident to say that it will be shipped with the next minor release of the SDK, which is scheduled to arrive very soon.

If you have an immediate need for the fix, I could provide a nightly build for you to test with and use in the meantime. Please let me know whether that will be necessary or not.

- Daniel

(Linking to the other thread here for future reference)

Login or Signup to post a comment