Start a new topic

Unity Preview Not Working for ImageTrackable

Hey guys, 

Is there a workaround for getting the preview of the target? When I load my own .wtc I could not see the preview of the images in the collection. 

I'm on a Mac OS X and the latest release of Unity.

Best,

Alexey 

UPDATE: 

It appears to be an issue with 2017 Unity. I downgraded to Unity version 5.6.3f1 and all of the preview features, including WTC editor, seem to be working just fine. 

Hi Alexey,

A beta version of SDK 8 is now available for developers on the download page.  Unity developers will be pleased to know that SDK 8 added AR-view functionality to the Unity editor. Being able to test and tweak your augmented reality project, hassle-free, during app creation greatly reduces development and prototyping time.

Additionally, developers can use the Unity Remote feature to test Instant Tracking using a remote camera (e.g. a smartphone or tablet).

Greetings

Nicola

Hi, 

In Unity, you can see a preview of the images from the collection either in the WTC Editor or in the Image Trackable inspector. You can also preview the image in the scene view by pressing the Preview button in the Image Trackable inspector. Which of these is not working for you?

Are there any error messages printed in the console?

Is your .wtc file located in the StreamingAssets folder?

Best regards,
Alexandru

It appears that all 3 are not working. My .wtc file is in the StreamingAssets folder. When I try to open WTC Editor I get the following 2 errors:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.Texture2D.LoadImage'.
WikitudeEditor.Target.get_Image ()
WikitudeEditor.TargetGridPanel.DrawTarget (Int32 index, WikitudeEditor.Target target)
WikitudeEditor.TargetGridPanel.DrawRow (Int32 index)
WikitudeEditor.ListView.OnGUI (Single panelHeight, Int32 numberOfRows)
WikitudeEditor.TargetGridPanel.OnInternalGUI ()
WikitudeEditor.EditorPanel.OnGUI ()
WikitudeEditor.EditorSplitter.OnInternalGUI ()
WikitudeEditor.TargetCollectionEditor.OnGUI ()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:283)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:276)
UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:243)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Once again, I'm running the latest version of Unity on MacOS 10.12.5

Best,

Alexey

Login or Signup to post a comment