Start a new topic

New bugs related to AR.hardware.camera.enabled property

Hi Wikitude,

With SDK 7, I encounter two new bugs related to the AR.hardware.camera.enabled property.

The first one appears both on android and iOS :

1. I disable the camera : AR.hardware.camera.enabled = false;
  2. I put the app in background.
  3. I put the app in foreground.
  4. We can see the camera feed coming back for half a second (even if camera.enabled is still set to false).
  5.  the app crashes systematically.

The second one happen on 2 devices with iOS 11 (beta 6 & 7). 

1. I disable the camera : AR.hardware.camera.enabled = false;
  2. I enable the camera : AR.hardware.camera.enabled = true;
  3. nothing happen, the camera feed is not restored. No errors in the js console.

I don't have devices with other version of iOS to test it.

Hope you can fix it soon. Don't hesitate to ask if want more details about these bugs.

Amaury.

1 person has this problem

Hi Amaury,

We already fixed those issues for our next maintenance release (7.1). This version will be released as soon as there is a Xcode 9 GM build available/Xcode 9 is officially released. In the meantime you can try out this build which is compatible with iOS 11 and includes the fixes for runtime camera controls.

Please let me know if that build resolves your problems.

Best regards,

Andreas

1 person likes this

Hi Andreas,

Thanks a lot for this quick answer ! 

I did  a quick test with the beta of SDK 7.1 you posted, and the bugs I mentionned were not present anymore on iOS :-)

Have a nice day,

Amaury.

Hi Amaury,

Thx for the feedback! I'm glad that our next update will solve the problem.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

It seems that the version of the SDK you provided in this thread, as a fix, is not ready for production. I tried to release a version of my app on the app store with it and it is apparently packaged for iOS 11, and Apple does not accept it.

Could you release a version of the plugin which fix this bug and which could be used in production ?

Thanks,

Amaury.

Hi Amaury,

Can you describe the problem in more detail? What was the error message from your iTunes Connect upload?

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas

The error message appeared at the last moment when I tried to submit the new version of my app for verification on iTunes Connect (so not in XCode). I did not save the error, but It said something about Wikitude SDK being set up to work with iOS 11 at the minium, which is not allowed by Apple. The message contained the keyword LC_VERSION_MIN_IPHONEOS.

I downgraded to SDK 7.0.0 - 3.5.2 and the problem disappeared. I also rebuild completely my project in the downgrade process (so maybe it has also something to do with the cleaning of my project).

Hope that could help.

Thanks,

Amaury.

Login or Signup to post a comment