Start a new topic

Input Plugin + Scene Picking (HIT API) Not Working

Hi There,

I'm having a weird problem. If I enable the Input Plugin for the Wikitude camera and use the SimpleInputPlugin script as in the example scene (Plugins - Simple Input Plugin) and then try to set the mode to Tracking it goes without a problem, but once it goes into Tracking it looses the scene really easy, the whole grid (grid renderer) becomes super shaky and constantly looses the scene even if we go through initialization state for a few times...

Hi Yordan,

Did you specify a custom 'device height above ground'? We received similar reports to yours where people set a custom device height above ground of `1500` where the correct range would be `1.5` since the API considers this value as meters and not millimetres. We already updated the documentation for the next release because it's not very clear right now.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for the feedback. I tried setting not only the height, but the TrackingPlaneOrientation as well, but the result is still the same. When I enter the Tracking state the grid render is super shaky and the moment I move the device with just a bit it losses the scene... do you have any other ideas what could cause that :) 

Hi,

I will try instant tracking in combination with an input plugin first thing tomorrow morning and send you some feedback afterwards.

Am I right that you use our Unity3d package?

Best regards,

Andreas

Thank you very much.
Yes, I'm using the Unity3d package.

Side question - Which device sensors are used by Wikitude SDK except the camera (I guess accelerometer) and is there a way to freeze all Wiktiude functionality since if we pause the video stream only the accelerometer will continue to push data to the SDK...

Thank you in advance!

Hi Yordan,

I did some tests and it seemed fine to me. I also talked with our Unity developer and he asked if you're using the WebCamTexture API of Unity to get to the camera frames? Related: is this concerning iOS or Android? Which device specifically and which OS version is it running?

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for the response.
Yes, I use WebCamTexture API, actually I'm using SimpleInputPlugin.cs with added Pause, Resume method (_feed.Pause();_feed.Play()). 
So far I tested it with Android 6.
May be I'm missing something, can you send me unity package of the example project where it works as expected.

Regards,
Yordan

Hi Yordan,

There was actually a bug hidden in the SDK which caused the issue you described. We fixed it and it will be available within our next minor release (7.1) which is scheduled for release as soon as the new iOS version is available.

In case you need early access, I can post a link to the next nightly build here.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thank you very much for the follow up. 
I'll gladly test the 7.1 SDK. At least to confirm this was the problem.
Can you post a link :)

Regards,
Yordan

Hi Yordan,

Thx for testing/verification. You can download it here.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for the assistance. Issues is fixed :)
Side question : Does wikitude SDK track the position of the device using gyro/accelerometer and use that when navigating in the space or trying to regain the scene after OnSceneLost event?

Regards,
Yordan

Hi Yordan,

Nice to hear that our SDK 7.1 will fix the issue :)

The Wikitude SLAM engine is purely vision based, so no gyro/accelerometer is used for tracking/relocalization.

Best regards,

Andreas

Login or Signup to post a comment