Start a new topic

Location Based AR in Unity

Hi, It is great that we have every feature in Android and iOS sdk also in Unity. But Location based AR has been lacking in Unity sdk and it will be great to have it in Unity SDK as well.
Thanks

8 people like this idea

Please have a look at the topic SDUs:

https://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/android/sdu-dbs.html#scaled-distance-units-sdus

This should help you with the sizing.

Greetings

Nicola

Hello,

We have great news!

Starting with Wikitude SDK 8.6, and thanks to PendAR – augmented reality partner of Wikitude, developers can now use LBAR to create Geo-AR experiences in no time in Unity3D.

You can download the plugin from here.

Yes i saw this and already implemented the Scaling concept. But i require Depth Effect just like ARKit provides in iOS. Is that possible to achieve through Wikitude. If yes than let me know as that is very important for me,

Right now i can see that augment nodes but can't see the depth effect. it look likes that each augment marker is on same location just hierachy is different.

If what is possible with the SDK and using the scaling concept is not sufficient and not working for you in regards to depth effect, when using our location based AR feature (please note that we don't provide location based AR features yet in our Unity SDK -we have this on our feature list, but not in the SDK yet), then unfortunately we can't provide any more accurate solution.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Okay that means it's not achievable through Wikitude for time being. 
Thanks a lot for clarification and help. 
If i require any further assistance than will let you know.

Hi Mojtaba,

I replied to your email, please have a look and let me know what went wrong. If it is something that the community would find useful then I would be happy to continue our conversation on this support thread. 

Thanks!

Login or Signup to post a comment