Start a new topic
Solved

Sample Project: White Background

hey there, sorry for posting again ;)

I've imported the wikitude-plugin and exported it to ios explained as in the instuctions (https://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/unity/setupguideunity.html#setup-guide-unity-plugin). 

The strange thing is, that the app does use the cam and tracks the image, but it doesn't render the actual camera footage. Compared to the youtube guide (https://youtu.be/iGySZp_fWHQ?t=332) there is no canvas in the scene and there is also no prefab for it to be found. (The camera-object doesn't have any children attached)

Do I have to fetch and project the cam-footage by myself or is this a bug? 

When I checked Unity 5.6 with SDK 6 it was working. The new version runs on Unity 2017.1 with SDK 7 on an OSX device.

thak you and have a nice day,

simon

2 people have this problem

I just tested the sample project and my own project with SDK 6 and Unity 2017.1: It renders the camera footage as expected.

Therefore the problem should lie with the SDK 7.

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

The problem lies with a possible bug introduced by Unity 2017.1 when rendering with Metal. SDK 6 doesn't include Metal support, so it uses OpenGL ES rendering where there aren't any issues.

SDK 7 still works correctly on Unity 2017.1 if you disable Metal rendering, or you can use SDK 7 with Unity 5.6, where Metal rendering works as expected.

Here is the issue that we reported to Unity regarding Metal rendering. If they don't fix it soon, we will add a workaround for it in our next release.

Best regards,

Alexandru

1 person likes this

Thank you for your help. 

Turning off Metal was a bit tricky: You have to remove or relocate Metal in the Player Settings and then go to Plugins>iOS>libWikitude2UnityBridge and ironically enable Metal under the rarely used frameworks so that xcode won't be missing any references between wikitude and metal.

Thanks a lot.

We were getting either black or white textures for the live feed on iphones, SE, 6, 7 using unity 2017.1 and wikitude 7.0.0. That fix was good for us.

I'm completely new and started with the samples. So I have: Unity 2017.1, Xcode 8, wikitude 7.0.0, running on an iPhone 5s iOs 10.3.3.

I tried to follow the direction as mentioned above and interpreted it as followed:

- adjust in the player setting: in the settings iOs tab, other settings section, Metal Editor Support * (Experimental) enabled

I could not find the "Plugins>iOS>libWikitude2UnityBridge" so start looking for some mention of 'Metal'

I'm still not seeing the camera view but a white canvas.

Could someone give me some help with this?

Thanks.

I was attracted to the experimental setting, but no not that.

Just above in the Graphics APIs section delete metal leaving just OpenGLES2.

Then you will find the plugins part in the Project window, under Assets/Plugins/IOS.

1 person likes this

Hey Richard,

thanks a lot, this did the trick. I was a bit confused with the overwelming UI. I'm starting to find my way now.

Hi,

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Since Unity didn't fix this issue yet in any of the 2017.1 updates or in the 2017.2 betas, we will release an update with a workaround soon, so that Metal will work again.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Does this work for anyone on 2017.2 beta for android devices?

The changes to the iOS settings doesn't really help the android builds.

Im testing on an galaxy s7 with 7.1 using api min 19 and target 24

H, 

The 7.1.0 beta release available from our downloads page, in the Beta tab, should fix these issues. If you still have problems with camera rendering, please let us know.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Just tested on Unity 2017.2.0f2, Wikitude7.1.0

With metal enabled, upon calibrating the tracker our game softlocks in DoRenderOffScreenCamera

tested the new 7.1.0  with unity 2017.2.0f2 on android, it still has a white background. camera is not rendering at all.

also, on the beta page it says it was built on the 13/9, on the release page it says its built on the 20/9

which one is the latest to test for the fix?

the one under the beta tab seems to be working ok with unity 2017.1

however it doesnt seem to check the license key properly. The camera feed is showing, but its covered by the missing license key watermark.

i have the correct key entered in all the scenes on the wikitudesCamera prefab though

Login or Signup to post a comment