Start a new topic

No Compass Movement on Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro

Hi there.

Trying out the new SDK examples on a new Yoga Tab 3 pro that we've got, but it doesn't seem to be registering any change in orientation in the POI examples, and the radar is stuck due north.

The device has a compass(magnetometer) and accelerometer, but no Gyroscope - though your doco doesn't mention this is required. Other compass apps work on the device.

I did have to change the target SDK to be 21, as anything above that causes runtime errors on the Yoga tab as below (its on Android 6.0.1):

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: : has text relocations

Hi Simon,

thank you for reporting this issue. We were able to identify and fix the POI issue and it will be included in the next release. 

The fix for x86 architectures with target version 23+(has text relocations) is in our backlog but there is no planned time for it yet.

Best Regards,

Alex

Hi Eva,

Compass and Accelerometer both work in sensor apps.

6.1.0 version of the POI examples do work! Though again I have to set the target API version in the builtdto be pre API 23: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) - I'm targeting API22 otherwise it crashes with the Java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: : has text relocations

error.

Is there any other info I can give to help track down the issue?

Thanks

Simon.

Hello Simon,

Could you install a sensor app in your Lenovo device just to make sure that your compass is working correctly and it is not borken? Could you also try and test the POI examples on this specific device but from our SDK 6 version?

Thanks
Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment