Start a new topic

Calibration is not working on Epson Moverio BT-300

Hello,

During my evaluation of the Wikitude SDK for developing an AR-application for the BT-300 I have got some issues with the Wikitudes eye calibration tool.

I have tried to calibrate the BT-300 with the build in calibration tool from the sample apps but the calibration seems to be wrong. I have tried to calibrate it several times but neither of the calibrations were usable. The rectangle was way too small and did not overlay the picture. Furthermore, sometimes after the calibration procedure the orange rectangle was not visible because it was too small or the calibration was not precise.

Did someone already manage to calibrate the BT-300 or is it in general not yet working?

I will very much appreciate your support and looking forward to hearing from you.

1 person has this problem

Hello Andreas,

we currently don't officially support the BT-300 as we didn't fully test it with our SDK.

We will release a new version of our SDK quite soon and we improved the calibration for smartglasses in this release. There is a good chance that this will fix your issues.

Hope it will work for you!

Best,

Peter

1 person likes this

Hello Peter,

can you tell me when the new SDK version will be released? I'm having the same issue as Andreas.

Thanks!

Using the Example Wikitude APK, I cannot calibrate at all with the BT-300, after the 4th time aligning the image, after tapping on the screen it just quits me back to the main menu. When will the updated SDK that works with BT-300 be released?

Hello Patrick,

We are already aware of this issue with the app crashing and we are currently working on it. However, please note that we still do not officially support BT-300 so even if the crash will be fixed you will still have calibration issues with BT-300.

Thanks
Eva

Hello,

I wanted to inform you that we just released our BT-300 / BT-350 SDK update that you can download from here. You can find details on the releae here: https://www.wikitude.com/blog-wikitude-ar-sdk-epson-bt-300-bt-350-smart-glasses/.

Eva

Hi, I was trying out the 7.2 Moverio samples now that the BT300's are officially supported - but the calibration doesn't seem to pick up the target image at all. I've tried running the sample app and nothing seems to get picked up which I'm guessing is because of the calibration being off? Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith,

do you mean that the box displayed in the calibration never turns green? If this is the case please try to move closer to the calibration target image until it is recognized and then move back to align the box with the target. Also make sure that the calibration target image is printed at 100% size.

Best Regards,

Alex

Hello!

I tried everything mentioned above. the calibration is still not working for the BT 350. I would definitely appreciate some help in getting my device calibrated.

Hi Xi,

did you try the calibration with our sample app and our latest EPSON MOVERIO (BT-300/BT-350) package from our download page (https://www.wikitude.com/download/?link=glasses)?

I just tried it on our BT-350 and everything worked as expected.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. I as using a video tutorial, not the sample app (though I have downloaded the latest package).   Is the sample app "plug and play". Do you think you could send me the steps you followed...in case I missed something?

Thank you.

Hi Xi,

which video tutorial are you using? Did you check our how-to and follow the steps described there?

Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes, I looked at that. I was using this video. Could you please point me in the right direction of setting up and calibrating my glasses because the how-to does not step through the entire set-up process. 

Thank you.

Regards,

Xi

Hello!

I tried the samples. The calibration is still not working. The border box never turns green regardless of my distance from the target.

Hello!

Please are there answers for me yet?

Login or Signup to post a comment