Start a new topic

Display in tabbed view (i.e. not fullscreen)

I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to display the ARview within my app's tabbed view (i.e. navigation and tab bar still in foreground). The idea is that the AR view is only one tab of my multi-paged app.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Hello Shane,

Your request has already been forwarder to a technical member. However, since this is a forum channel, please keep in mind that response times in the forum may vary according to the severity of a possible issue, time needed for investigation and checking.

Thanks
Eva

Hi Shane,

You could put the Wikitude SDK behind the cordova web view, but this would be something you need to impl. yourself in the Wikitude Cordova plugin code. The Wikitude WTArchitectView is a standard UIView subview with which you can do whatever you want within the possibilities of Apple's iOS SDK. Per default we present the WTArchitectView within a new new view controller that we present modally on top of Cordova's default view controller (which contains the default web view).

WTARViewController.h/.m and WTWikitudePlugin.h/.m are the files you need to change.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Shane,

Let us know if you try to set the AR View behind the Cordova View. I'll be greatly interested by your implementation and I can offer my help to test it and provide feedback.

Have a good week,

Amaury.

Thanks Andreas. I don't know objective-c very well but I'll see if I can figure it out.

Which file / line of code should I target for the android implementation?

Hi, any news on this?
I tried to change it myself, but with 0 experience with objective-c I wasn't able to do anything.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23575682/ios-how-can-i-insert-a-native-view-behind-the-webview-in-a-phonegap-cordova-pl

Same with android, I tried to use different layouts along with .bringToFront(), but no luck again. Some help from support would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Michal

1 person likes this

I'm on the same page as Michal... My lack of knowledge in Java and Objective-C prevented me from getting this to work.

Some more detailed help would be greatly appreciated.

Login or Signup to post a comment