Start a new topic

Display in tabbed view (i.e. not fullscreen)

I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to display the ARview within my app's tabbed view (i.e. navigation and tab bar still in foreground). The idea is that the AR view is only one tab of my multi-paged app.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi Shane,

Let us know if you try to set the AR View behind the Cordova View. I'll be greatly interested by your implementation and I can offer my help to test it and provide feedback.

Have a good week,

Amaury.

Neither of those links really helped me... The first one is about adding a UI on top of an already separated ar-view, and the second one is for Xcode (although it sounds along the line of what I'm looking for).

Can you please further explain how I'd go about doing this in a Cordova (technically Ionic, but Cordova should suffice) project?

Thanks Andreas. I don't know objective-c very well but I'll see if I can figure it out.

Which file / line of code should I target for the android implementation?

Hi Shane,

I get what you are trying to do now but still don't see what the issue with displaying the ARView like in the image is.

Is the ARView overlaying your tab/navigation bar?

Is the tab switching the issue?

Best Regards,

Alex

Ah okay, good to know that it should work.

Basically what happens is the blank page (that belongs to the tab) will display first, then wikitude will load in a seperate webview on top of the tabbed page.

I tried incorporating the wikitude code into the page directly, rather than in a seperate html file like the docs / examples suggest, but couldn't get it to work.

?

Login or Signup to post a comment