Start a new topic

Duplication of POI

Hi.

I hava a button that work as a filter, the idea is to show different types of POI, based on whatever criteria.

I'm testing in an iPad Air 2 and in an iPad Mini 2, so every time I click on the button I call:

self.architectView?.callJavaScript("AR.context.destroyAll()") self.architectView?.callJavaScript("World.loadPoisFromJsonData(\(JSON(self.arrayPOIsLoaded)))")

I'm super sure that the JSON is correct and only have one POI each time.

loadPoisFromJsonData: function loadPoisFromJsonDataFn(poiData) {
    while(World.markerList.length > 0) {
        World.markerList.pop();
    }

for (var currentPlaceNr = 0; currentPlaceNr < poiData.length; currentPlaceNr++) {
        var singlePoi = {
            "id": poiData[currentPlaceNr].id,
            "latitude": parseFloat(poiData[currentPlaceNr].latitude),
            "longitude": parseFloat(poiData[currentPlaceNr].longitude),
            "altitude": parseFloat(poiData[currentPlaceNr].altitude),
            "title": poiData[currentPlaceNr].name,
            "description": poiData[currentPlaceNr].description
        };

World.markerDrawable_idle = new AR.ImageResource(poiData[currentPlaceNr].PoiURL);
        World.markerDrawable_selected = new AR.ImageResource(poiData[currentPlaceNr].PoiURL);
        World.markerDrawable_directionIndicator = new AR.ImageResource(poiData[currentPlaceNr].PoiURL);
        World.markerList.push(new Marker(singlePoi));
    }
},

The problem is that in the iPad Air 2 works like a charm but in the iPad Mini 2 starts duplicating the POI around my location, each time I click the button one extra POI is added.

The behaviour is like if the POI is in the north, the next appear at my left en de next left to that new POI and so on.

I'm using the last 6.1.0 update.

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Marco,

thx for the update. I have seen a similar report lately and we will investigate it. I just can't tell you any date as we're in the process of finalising the next major update of our SDK.

Best regards,

Andreas

Good morning,

so far I cannot reproduce this issue. I'm testing by using the unaltered "Multiple Pois" sample and calling

[_architectView callJavaScript:@"AR.context.destroyAll()"];
[_architectView callJavaScript:@"World.loadPoisFromJsonData([{\"id\":\"test\",\"latitude\":47.815168,\"longitude\":13.034121,\"altitude\":424,\"name\":\"test\",\"description\":\"test\"}])"];

from the native code in viewWillTransitionToSize:withTransitionCoordinator (to avoid having to go through the trouble of creating a button). Please let me know whether you can reproduce the error using this approach. If so, I can continue investigating.

Alternatively, I'd happy to receive a sample project demonstrating the issue from you.

In any case, I need a way to reproduce the problem to continue.

- Daniel

Hi Marco,

I will start the investigation now and kindly ask you to provide a small demo project so that I can reproduce your exact issue. Would that be possible?

Best regards,

Andreas

I'm very sorry but I can't because of privacy policies of our client.

Hi Marco,

Which iOS version is running on those two devices?

Best regards,

Andreas

Both iPad are running 10.3.2

It doesn't has to be the 'live' project. I simplified Architect World with some dummy data would be enough. Otherwise it's hard/time consuming for me to investigate the problem.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Marco,

Can you log how often 'loadPoisFromJsonData' is called (using a JS alert()) and how often you run through the for loop (JS alert again)?

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas.

I run loadPoisFromJsonData just once, super sure of that, and the JSON only contains 1 POI, but every time I click the button a new POI is added like I describe before, i.e. if the POI is in the N, the next is in the E, then the next is in the S then W then NE then SE then SW then NW and so on.

And the same code does that wrong in a iPad Mini 2 and does perfect in an iPad Air 2.

Thanks for your help. 

Login or Signup to post a comment