I cannot initialized AR worlds with geolocation activated (i.e. when "geo" is specified in required features), and when the app authorization related to geolocation is set to "always" (in iOS settings).
You can reproduce the bug like this on iOS :
- installing the last version of your plugin sample app (as on Monday the 29th 2017).
- adding the "Privacy - Location Always Usage Description" key, and a dummy value, in "Plugin Samples-Info.plist" file.
- building and running the app.
- go in iOS setting and change "Plugin Sample app" geolocation authorization to "Always" (see screenshot 1 below, in french sorry).
- relaunch the Plugin Sample App.
- try to load any world with geolocation AR feature (see screenshot 2 below).
Seems to me like something easy to fix, hope you can have a look soon :-)
Screenshot 1 :
Screenshot 2 :
Keywords for better indexation of this post : grant access gps, app settings, kCLAuthorizationAuthorizedAlways.
I had two builds regarding this topic. One was working, the other made it worse. Seems that you got the second one ;)
Can you please try this one?
Please allow me to reiterate my demand concerning this bug. With the current version of the wikitude plugin, it is currently impossible to run an app that would scan for geolocation in background.
Unfortunately the problem is getting worse with this "update". Given my tests, the error is thrown either the setting is set to "always" or "when is use" now :-/
The fastest approach might be this one:
* Locate the file `WikitudeSDK` in the `WikitudeSDK.framework`
* Rename this file to `libWikitudeSDK.a`
* Replace all occurrences of 'libWikitudeSDK.a' in your cordova project with the new one
* That's it!
The fix is included in our next major update which we release soon!
Hi Andreas, and thanks for the quick answer :-)
I am using the Cordova plugin, and the thread you are referring to is for the iOS native plugin. I tried to look at the files in order to tinker my own Cordova update from the release you are referring to, but no obvious solution appeared to me. Also could you please repackage a Cordova plugin update with this fix, and give us a link ?
We already solved this topic here. Please download the second pre-release version that I linked over in the other thread.