Start a new topic

wt3 file size too big

The original file in fbx is about 7MB but when we encode it to wt3 it jumps up to about 15MB. Is this normal? 

Is there anything we could do to bring the size down?

Hello Ash,

I suspect that the issue here is the textures of your model. So what I would recommend is that you have a look at the size file of your textures and try to reduce them.

Thanks
Eva

Dear Wikitude-Team,

I'm facing the same problem: my wt3 file (3,1MB) is bigger than the fbx file (2MB).

As you mentioned above, I reduced the size of the material (from all in all 1,6 MB to 0,3 MB) so my fbx file shrinked to the size of 1,5 MB, but the exported wt3 file still has the size of 3MB.

(in other projects the wt3 files are a lot smaller than the fbx file)

Do you know how i can reduce the wt3 file?

You can find the fbx and wt3 files of my project attached in original and with reduced texture.

Best regards,

Doris Lehner

wt3
fbx
wt3
fbx

Hello Phillipp,

Thank you for sending over the .fbx files. What you should do is reduce the size of this texture 'Subdivision_SurfaceOberflächenfarbe_TEST.png' using any kind of tool and the .wt3 file will also be reduced significantly.

Thanks

Eva

Hello Eva,

thank you for the advice, at first my texture was a jpeg file, i changed it into a png and even though the png is bigger than the jpeg, the wt3 file got a lot smaller.

Best regards,

Doris

Login or Signup to post a comment