Start a new topic

Crash on IOS aramis::ir_calculateSharrGradient

Hi, I quite often get a crash running on IOS 10 /iPhone 5 here.  See the stack trace below for details.  It seems to occur more or less randomly.  At least I cannot reliably reproduce it.  I need to switch between different targets and at some point it crashes.  

I have seen links to pre release builds in other threads. Any chance I can try out a fresh one to see if the issue is still happening? Is there a page where Wikitude provides pre releases?

* thread #29: tid = 0x20f51, 0x002f8218 wikitudehelloworld`aramis::ir_calculateSharrGradient(aramis::Layer<std::__1::pair<short, short> >&, aramis::BaseLayer<unsigned char> const&) + 384, stop reason = EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0x740f12e)

* frame #0: 0x002f8218 wikitudehelloworld`aramis::ir_calculateSharrGradient(aramis::Layer<std::__1::pair<short, short> >&, aramis::BaseLayer<unsigned char> const&) + 384

frame #1: 0x002b3444 wikitudehelloworld`aramis::PatchTracker::calcFlowWithPatches(std::__1::vector<aramis::TrackingPoint*, std::__1::allocator<aramis::TrackingPoint*> >&, TooN::Vector<2, double, TooN::Internal::VBase>&, TooN::Vector<2, double, TooN::Internal::VBase>&, float&, unsigned char**, bool, bool) + 708

frame #2: 0x002b2c48 wikitudehelloworld`aramis::PatchTracker::trackPointsFine() + 258

frame #3: 0x002b1e66 wikitudehelloworld`aramis::PatchTracker::trackPoints(TooN::SE3<double>&) + 486

frame #4: 0x002bdbd6 wikitudehelloworld`aramis::MusketIr2dService::processFrame() + 1494

frame #5: 0x002be2fe wikitudehelloworld`non-virtual thunk to aramis::MusketIr2dService::internalThreadEntry() + 18

frame #6: 0x002bec4e wikitudehelloworld`void* std::__1::__thread_proxy<std::__1::tuple<aramis::ThreadedClass::startInternalThread()::'lambda'()> >(void*) + 142

frame #7: 0x1a98c93a libsystem_pthread.dylib`_pthread_body + 216

frame #8: 0x1a98c85c libsystem_pthread.dylib`_pthread_start + 234

frame #9: 0x1a98a468 libsystem_pthread.dylib`thread_start + 8

Hi @all,

Our CV team is already investigating under which circumstances this crash could happen. We hope to fix this issue with our upcoming SDK release (scheduled for release as soon as the Xcode GM is available).

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi, I never really found out what it was/is. I believe it still happens from time to time. Though a lot less than before.

Hello,

we are currently experiencing issues with the same error report, however seemingly at different points in our App than previously described in this thread. The crash is the most common error we are experiencing on iOS.

The exception is: EXC_BAD_ACCESS / KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS 

aramis::ir_calculateSharrGradient(aramis::Layer<std::__1::pair<short, short> >&, aramis::BaseLayer<unsigned char> const&) 

We were able to extract the following error messages on a few threads.

Thread 12:

wikitude::sdk_foundation::impl::ResourceManagerImpl::nextRequest()
wikitude::sdk_foundation::impl::ResourceLoader::internalThreadEntry()
wikitude::sdk_foundation::impl::Thread::InternalThreadEntryFunc(void*)

Thread 13-17:

wikitude::sdk_foundation::impl::ImageLoadingQueue::nextImage()
wikitude::sdk_foundation::impl::ImageLoader::internalThreadEntry()
wikitude::sdk_foundation::impl::Thread::InternalThreadEntryFunc(void*)

We can't figure out what's happening at this point in our App. Any help would be appreciated.

Thorsten: Did you manage to pinpoint and eliminate the error source? Do you have any idea what this could be for us?

Thank you

Markus

I have not had this issue for  a while now.  We did quite a few changes and I cannot be sure, but I believe that the file for the ImageDrawable may have been removed in the background (by our app), causing the Wikitude implementation to trip.

SDK: 6.1.0_2017-03-28_08-54-50
JS API: Yes
Extension: No,  I am directly using Xcode/IOS/JS_API.  Though I previously used the Xamarin component and the stack trace looked similar, if not the same.  Unfortunately I did not save the Xamarin trace.

This is my own app.  The sample Apps seem to work.  The crash seem to happen more or less randomly, but too often for comfort.  I will send you the Xcode project later and also try the pre release builds when I find the time.

Hello Thorsten,

Could you please provide further details on the issue:
  • Which version of the SDK are you using?
  • Are you using the JS API?
  • Are you using any of our Extensions (Titanium, Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using?
  • Is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, does the sample app work on your device?
  • Send exact steps to reproduce this issue and a video so we can check how we can reproduce this issue

In the meantime, you could try and download the pre release builds here.

Thanks

Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment