Start a new topic
Solved

test with trial licence key

regards,

I am doing a project to evaluate the opinion of the students of my educational institution regarding the use of augmented reality using the wikitude trial licence key, I have developed a small application and wish to distribute it in some members of my institution to collect your opinions. I want to know, first, if I can distribute it and if so, I want to know the limit of the users to whom I can distribute it. Thank you in advance for your attention.

Hello Marcus,

I do not exactly understand what you mean with 'distribute it to other members'. The limitations with the trial key is that you will always see the trial logo on the screen and that you cannot publish your app on the store. If you are working at a university then, you can also apply for an educational license key by filling in the form here.

Thanks
Eva

I mean to provide the installer of the application that I have developed with the use of the wikitude plugin to some members of my institution, in this way, users can make use of the application from their own devices. I understand that the watermark and the wikitude logo will be visualized, which is not an inconvenience since this test is done with the objective of evaluating users opinions regarding the use of augmented reality, therefore I want to know My limitations as to this type of distribution. Regarding the EDU license, one of the conditions shown indicates that it is for use by accredited educational institutions and, unfortunately, my institution does not comply with this condition.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Marcus,

There is no limitation, based on the specific use case you described below, to use the app you developed with the trial license key.

Thanks
Eva

Thank you very much, one last question, if the project that I am currently doing is successful, I plan to do my graduation work with this tool, and for that matter, I want to do a test similar to the one described, in that case, I require the edu license?

Thanks in advance

Hello Marcus,

If you fulfill the criteria then yes, you can ask for an edu license. You simply need to fill in the form and we will evaluate it.

Thanks
Eva

Thank you very much for your clarifications and comments.

Hi Marcus,

I am glad I could help!

Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment