Start a new topic
Solved

3D Object Recognition SDK

I want to track a real three dimensional object and project some information on it in real time as you can see in this video 

However i can't really find any information on how to do this. I also want to do it on an iOS device.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best, Flo

Hello,

Great news for you as today we launched SDK 7, which includes your feature request, “Object Recognition”. In a nutshell, SDK 7 introduces:
  • Object Recognition
  • Multiple Image Target Recognition
  • Hit-testing API for SLAM
  • Instant tracking improvements
  • Extended recognition range
SDK 7 significantly expands Wikitude’s SLAM technology by adding object recognition and tracking capabilities to its feature set. These features enable brands and enterprises to build augmented reality experiences using a variety of real-world objects, such as toys, sculptures, architectural models, product packaging, industrial machines and more.

The workflow is simple: record a video of your object, upload it to the Wikitude Studio Manager and create your AR experience as desired. Object recognition technology creates an additional touch point to interact with users, allowing real time and 360 degrees augmented reality experiences around real world objects.

Check out this blog for a developer insight and this tutorial to see how you can create your first 'Object Target Collection'. You can download the new SDK 7 directly from our Download page. Enjoy our new cool features ;)

Thanks
Eva

All right, thank you very much for your quick support!

Hello Florian,

I see you have already created a forum post with the same content within only some minutes of difference. So I will paste the answer here as well.

The video you are referring to is a Wikitude demo and it was part of our beta program, which has been ended. Over the past months we have tested intensively and gathered the necessary feedback to improve this technology. The Wikitude technical team is now working on the final version of this product and we will inform you as soon as we have any updates. Make sure to subscribe to our newsletter and blog to have the latest news about Wikitude.

Thanks
Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment