Start a new topic

Can't get sample app to work

I've hunted through the forums and can't find an answer. Using the phonegap desktop with an android 7.0 and an ios 10.2.1 . Neither works, and nothing works in a browser as well. I've entered the key. In browsers on the pc i'll see the exec proxy not found error which is ok from what i've read. In the apps, on android literally nothing at all happens when I click anything, on ios I get a popup that reads index.html on the first line and null on the second. in browsers on the mobiles I also get the missing command error which i'll assume is ok

What's the next step to try?

I am able to use this older version apparently, but it is missing the instant tracking and i'm not sure what targets to use for it. I found a pdf with some, but nothing worked

https://github.com/Tazaf/WikitudeCordovaDemoApp

Hello Eric,

If I understood correctly, are you using the PhoneGap Android/iOS application to run the Wikitude SDK? Since this might not be updated with the latest Wikitude Cordova plugin, could you try and create your own cordova/phonegap application and run it with Xcode/Android Studio?

Thanks
Eva

The problem with that is that i'm evaluating this to see whether its worth learning how to develop in it for a relatively simple single app. I don't want to spend the time working out the kinks in developing an app if I can't get the samples to run.

In the one I shared the link to, it operates, but clicking on any of the links there just gives me the camera being turned on. I tried using the different cordova sample target images but none of them did anything.

Are there any other samples available for a quick look? what we're looking to do is show a rotatable zoomable 3d model, something that can be displayed without a target. We've got engineers with various CAD software so outputting into whatever format is easy.

Hello Eric,

I understand that you need a way to quickly evaluate our SDK. However, if you follow the instructions here - under the Automatic Setup of Sample App - there are 6 simple steps to build our sample app with Xcode or Android Studio. For your use case, the Instant Tracking feature would be what you need.

Thanks
Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment