Start a new topic

Click on Poi using voice command

I am using the Wikitude android javascript sdk with a smart headset. The smart headset has hands free voice commands. I am using the demo wikitude code: selecting points of interest. The headset is not recognizing Wikitude poi markers as clickable. How can I make the markers in AR view a clickable android button? 

Hello Mariah,

I'm afraid I don't see a way of achieving what you are trying to do. Augmentations in the Wikitude SDK are rendered using OpenGL, so there is no reference of them other than a couple of IDs only the OpenGL context is aware of. Clicking the augmentations is done by intersecting the ray defined by the click position with the augmentations internally. Augmentations hit by the ray have their callbacks invoked.

The only pattern I could see used with voice commands is "click at position (x, y) on the screen" which could trigger a click callback. Obviously, this interaction does not seem nearly as convenient.

Thanks
Eva

Eva, 

The headset detects clickable android buttons and creates an item number for each of the buttons. This way, the user can say, "Select Item Number '#' "  voice command to interact with the button. I'm trying to set the Wikitude poi markers up so they are detectable as an android button so the user is able to interact with them in the AR view. 

Thank you. 

Mariah 

Hello Mariah,

Could you please explain how exactly are you trying to click the poi over the headset? What is the command you are giving?

Thanks
Eva

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment