Start a new topic

Can This be Done in Studio?

Hello all,

I am completely new to Wikitude, less than 24 hours. :-) Is it possible to create an AR experience using Studio for the Wikitude app that does the following:

- User scans the image

- 3D model appear along with a previous and next button on the left and right sides of the screen, and a share button at the bottom

- Clicking on the previous and next buttons changes the 3D object to a different object

- Clicking on the share button takes a screen grab and allows the user to share it via email

I have created the basic part, bringing in the initial 3D object and displaying it, but I can't figure out how to create the mechanism to change the 3D object. I haven't figured out the sharing part yet either.

Is this possible in Studio and the Wikitude app? I don't want to create a standalone app as this is a proof of concept. If the concept is green-lit then I will create the standalone app. Can anybody point me to a solution, tutorial, etc. to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance for your time, take care.

Glen

1 Comment

Hello Glen,

Thank you for trying out our New Studio. However, some of the features you wish to have are not possible with Studio. It is possible to scan an image and place an augmentation if the scanning is successful but, you cannot click a button an make another augmentation appear. For that, you need to scan something again. In addition, screen shots are also not available. For more information, please refer to Studio documentation.

Hope that helps,
Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment