Start a new topic

License key missing, Titanium edition

I'm trying to build a prototype AR app, I have downloaded and entered my license key but I am still getting the license key missing watermark.

This is a Titanium Alloy app, and I'm using the createWikitudeView function. I have triple checked my license key.

Hello Jeremy,

If you are building your own app then, you need to define the license key at the ARchitectWindow.js file as shown below

_this.window.arview = wikitude.createWikitudeView({
                "licenseKey": "YOUR_LICENSE_KEY",
                "augmentedRealityFeatures": augmentedRealityFeatures,
                bottom: 0,
                left: 0,
                right: 0,
                top: 35
            });

Thanks

Eva

Hello Jeremy,

I wanted to make sure that there is no association between the device you are using (regarding camera issues) and the errors you are reporting. Could you please share your app so we could test internally? In the meantime, you could test with our sample app and see if this is working for you. Also note that we do now officially support Titanium Alloy.

Thanks
Eva

I am doing just that. I have a file called arWindow.js with the following code:

var arView = wikitude.createWikitudeView({
            "licenseKey": "MY LICENSE KEY IS HERE",
            "augmentedRealityMode": 'IrAndGeo',
            bottom: 0,
            left: 0,
            right: 0,
            top: 0
        });

$.arWindow.add(arView);

I still see the license key watermark though.

I tested on a Nexus 5 as well with no luck. I'm going to test on iOS as well, but in the meantime here is my project:

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/circus-main/share/AR+Prototype.zip

Hello Jeremy,

Could you please check your log console and report the exact error you are receiving? Could you also send over your AR experience so we can test internally?

Thanks
Eva

What is the relevance of the app ID in this case? Do I have to set it something specific? Or register it with Wikitude?

The console error I see when trying to load the AR view is as follows:

[WARN] :   WikitudeView: (main) [67,61914] ARchitect World was not loaded
[WARN] :   CameraBase: An error occurred while connecting to camera: 0
[ERROR] :  CameraUtil: resolveCameraResolution: This method may not be called when the camera is already running.
[ERROR] :  CameraUtil: java.lang.RuntimeException: Fail to connect to camera service

If you need me send my project, should I attach it to this thread? 

Hello Jeremy,

I do not believe that the problem is the license key, but that the ARchitect World is not loading. Since you are working with Xamarin, you might need to replace the part inside *...* from the line below

architectView.LoadArchitectWorldFromURL(NSUrl.FromString(path), *Wikitude.Architect.WTFeatures.Geo*);

with another one of the lines below, depending on which features of the SDK you are using

Wikitude.Architect.WTFeatures.Geo for Geo
Wikitude.Architect.WTFeatures.WTFeature_ImageTracking for 2D tracking
Wikitude.Architect.WTFeatures.WTFeature_InstantTracking for InstantTracking

the '|' character allows to make combinations, so 'Wikitude.Architect.WTFeatures.Geo | Wikitude.Architect.WTFeatures.WTFeature_ImageTracking' is actually 'Geo AND ImageTracking'

Thanks

Eva

Hello Jeremy,

I ran your app and found, as you described, that your combination of app ID and license key is not working. Replacing the app ID and the license key with the corresponding values of the Wikitude sample app resolves the issue.

I am therefore inclined to believe that either your license key is wrong, the app ID is wrong or both those things are wrong.

Could you please check them again carefully and report back on your findings?

- Daniel

Good morning Jeremy,

it depends on what kind of key we are talking about. A trial license key will work for every application ID, an actual license key is tied to a specific application ID. For the latter case, a mismatch of key and ID will result in a watermark overlay being displayed.

For testing purposes, you could simply use the license key and application ID of the Titanium sample app for your app and see whether that's working or not.

- Daniel

Thanks Daniel, I have checked my license key multiple times, it appears to be correct. I am using the key from http://www.wikitude.com/developer/licenses under wikitude sdk. Its is a very long string.

Where do I set the app ID?

I don't see how this response applies to my project. Im using Titanium no Xamarin, and  not LoadArchitectWorldFromURL. Am i missing something?

Hello Jeremy,

Sorry for mixing Xamarin with Titanium. Could you please tell me device are you testing with?

Thanks
Eva

Samsung Galaxy S6

Login or Signup to post a comment