Start a new topic

Instant Tracking - 360 degree

Hi,

I am trying to look around a 3D object I place with Instant Tracking but I can only get 180 degrees and after that the 3D object falls apart in the scene.

This is obviously something we really need imlemented for our hybrid app and it was the full SLAM environment mapping that we saw advertised on your website.

Are you able to help us with implementing a true SLAM algorithm or is there a beta program that we can signup to?

Ben C.

Thanks very much, I'm actually thinking ultimately about creating something like these navigation scenarios where you can move around and have SLAM with you. I'm thinking to get GPS data and load the model based on that.
https://twitter.com/AndrewProjDent/status/888380207962443777
Thanks

Hi,

Could you please share a video with use demonstrating what you are doing so I can further advice you? In addition, I would strongly advice that you read my previous post and this article so that you can have a more clear idea regarding Instant Tracking.

Thanks
Eva

1 person likes this

Hi, I'm also trying to do something like that. I'm trying to put an object on the scene using slam and then see it from all angles. One other thing is I'm trying to put objects in SLAM around myself. Right now all I can do is to initialize the scene and as soon as my camera doesn't see the initialization it loses the tracking. 
I'll appreciate if you can help me with this.

Thanks

Hello Beniamin,

I believe you are confusing Instant Tracking with Object Recognition, so let me give you some insights. Instant tracking is an algorithm that, contrary to those previously introduced in the Wikitude SDK, does not aim to recognize a predefined target and start the tracking procedure thereafter, but immediately start tracking in an arbitrary environment. This enables very specific use cases to be implemented. Therefore, based on the functionality of Instant Tracking, it is a  SLAM algorithm but simply does not work as Object Recognition.

That means that you cannot walk around the augmented object more than 180 degrees and we do not have any such use case on our website, since it simply would not work. This would be something that you could do with Object Recognition. Please note this is simply a different approach of SLAM algorithm. I would highly recommend that you have a look at our documentation here and this article here so that you can learn more about Instant Tracking.

Thanks

Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment