Start a new topic

Failure to deallocate CLLocationManager on the same runloop as its creation may result in a crash

Hello,

When I call .destroy() on a AR.GeoLocation object, I am getting the following warning in my iOS console log:

Failure to deallocate CLLocationManager on the same runloop as its creation may result in a crash

True to it's word, if I do this enough time the whole apps crashes. I am using the new 6.1 iOS javascript SDK. Is there a way I can avoid this? For now I'm simply not destroying AR.GeoLocation objects. 

Thanks.

2 people have this problem

Same problem. And I used .destroyAll() to remove 6 GeoObject.

Same problem here, any solution??

Hi @all,

thx for reporting this issue and sorry for the delayed answer. I created an internal bug report and we will have a look at it asap.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Wikitude!, any news about question?, I have the same trouble :( "Failure to deallocate CLLocationManager on the same runloop as its creation may result in a crash"

Regards.

Chris.

Hi Chris,

this problem has been fixed and will ship with the next minor release of the SDK.

- Daniel

Hi Daniel:

How can I fix the problem before the next minor release of the SDK?.

Thanks.

Chris.

Hi Chris,

I'm afraid you cannot. This issue requires a new build of the SDK. I can, however, provide tomorrow's nightly build for you to use in the meantime if you cannot wait for the official release.

Be aware, though, that nightly builds have not yet undergone most of the testing rounds we go through when releasing a new version of the SDK. So some instability is expected. Having said that, the current development state should be quite stable. Not guarantees, obviously.

- Daniel

Thanks Daniel!.

Chris.

Hi Daniels?, any news?.

Chris.

Hi Chris,

we had some issues with the nightly build recently. Today's build completed successfully again. I'll upload the package tomorrow morning and provide a link to it here.

My apologies for the delay.

- Daniel

Ok, Thanks.

Good morning Chris,

you can download the pre-release SDK package including the aforementioned fix here.

- Daniel

Hi Daniel;

Please review the files attached. I still have the same problem.

Regards.

???
Login or Signup to post a comment