Start a new topic

Failure to deallocate CLLocationManager on the same runloop as its creation may result in a crash

Hello,

When I call .destroy() on a AR.GeoLocation object, I am getting the following warning in my iOS console log:

Failure to deallocate CLLocationManager on the same runloop as its creation may result in a crash

True to it's word, if I do this enough time the whole apps crashes. I am using the new 6.1 iOS javascript SDK. Is there a way I can avoid this? For now I'm simply not destroying AR.GeoLocation objects. 

Thanks.

2 people have this problem

Hi Andreas;

I'll check it and get back to you.

Regards.

Chris.

Hi Chris,

You can download a pre-release package here. Please let me know if that resolves your problem.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas!, any news?. All the best. Chris
Ok Andreas. Thanks. Chris.

Hi Chris,

thx for the detailed explanation. Now I was able to reproduce it one one of our devices as well. I get back to you as fast as possible.

Best regards,

Andreas

Andreas:

I'm not using my own architect world, I'm using your samples: ReloadingContent.

Please watch video: https://youtu.be/Lr5flqSmZng

Regards.

Chris.

Hi Christian,

I understood that you use the pre-release version we send you earlier this week, but I don't know if you use one of the Wikitude SDK examples or your own Architect World.

Could you please tell me if that happens with one of the Wikitude SDK example or with your own Architect World.

Best regards,

Andreas

Andreas;

Daniel sent me a link with the fix version and I am using that but I have the same problems.

I am using for testing: iPhone 6 with 10.3 OS, iPad mini 2 10.3 OS and iPhone 5S 10.3 OS.

Regards.

Hi Christian,

that's what I expected.

Could you send us a demo Architect World or is this happening with one of our examples as well?

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas;

Please see attached file.

Regards.

Hi Christian,

I just had a look at the fix Daniel implemented and it works fine for my test case. 

To avoid any misunderstandings, could you send us a demo Architect World with we can use to reproduce your particular problem?

To verify the build you're using, can you please send us the log output of the following snippet? `NSLog(@"Architect is running with version %@, generated at %@", [WTArchitectView sdkVersion], [[WTArchitectView SDKBuildInformation] buildDate]);`

Best regards,

Andreas

???

Hi Daniel;

Please review the files attached. I still have the same problem.

Regards.

Good morning Chris,

you can download the pre-release SDK package including the aforementioned fix here.

- Daniel

Ok, Thanks.

Login or Signup to post a comment