Start a new topic
Solved

Instant Tracking + Transparent Video Crash on iOS

I've been using the javascript iOS SDK to play a transparent video on a surface identified via instant tracking. It works well however I've run into an issue on iOS where if the user is forced to leave the app and come back while the video is playing he will at times see the following artifact or potentially crash.

I haven't been able to cause this either with the transparent video example. Or with marker less tracking alone. It appears to be the combination that does it. 

Modifying the SDK example `Instant Tracking -> 3d Model on Plane` to add the video from the transparent video example in place of the 3d models

Accidentally saved the topic before I'd finished writing up the issue. My issue can be replicated by modifying the SDK example `Instant Tracking -> 3d Model on Plane` to add the video from the transparent video example in place of the 3d model. The code I'm using to add the VideoDrawable in place of the AR.Model in the example is 

var video = new AR.VideoDrawable("assets/transparentVideo.mp4", 0.7, {
                                             translate: {
                                             x: xpos,
                                             y: ypos
                                             },
                                             isTransparent: true
                                             });

allCurrentModels.push(video);
            this.instantTrackable.drawables.addCamDrawable(video);

video.play(-1);

The same issue / artifact can be caused by modally presenting a ViewController on top of the AugmentedRealityViewController and then dismissing it. In all cases this is something that happens only in about 1 out of 10 tries. This is all on an iPhone 7 running iOS 10.1.1

Hi David,

Thx for sharing the detailed steps to reproduce. We will release a minor update of the SDK shortly and try to fix this issue within the scope of the mentioned update. 

Stay tuned for some updates from the Wikitude SDK ;)

Best regards,

Andreas

Note I haven't seen this artifact appear in version 6.1 so thanks Andreas! Marking this issue as solved

Login or Signup to post a comment