Start a new topic
Solved

Wikitude SDK POI At Location Example - trying to find where you are

Hi,

I'm new to Wikitude SDK and developing with android, I am currently trying to run the poiatlocation example, but the app will not load my location and I just get a message saying "trying to find where you are". I will try and give as much information as I can so a solution can be found. I have made no changes to the example code, I read somewhere on the forums that it may work by setting a custom location, but I am not clear on how I should do this. 

Phone: One Plus X (Android version 5.1.1)

Android Studio: 2.2.3

I am using the latest version of Wikitude SDK also.

Below is the the log files that appear when I run the app:

02/06 18:40:02: Launching app

Cold swapped changes.

$ adb shell am start -n "com.example.russellp.ar_application1/com.example.russellp.ar_application1.MainActivity" -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER

Connected to process 13517 on device oneplus-one_e1001-7ba13112

I/asset: Success to oxygen resources /system/framework/oxygen-framework-res.apk

I/InstantRun: Instant Run Runtime started. Android package is com.example.russellp.ar_application1, real application class is null.

W/art: Failed to find OatDexFile for DexFile /data/data/com.example.russellp.ar_application1/files/instant-run/dex/slice-slice_4-classes.dex ( canonical path /data/data/com.example.russellp.ar_application1/files/instant-run/dex/slice-slice_4-classes.dex) with checksum 0x2e6f1293 in OatFile /data/data/com.example.russellp.ar_application1/cache/slice-slice_4-classes.dex

W/art: Before Android 4.1, method android.graphics.PorterDuffColorFilter android.support.graphics.drawable.VectorDrawableCompat.updateTintFilter(android.graphics.PorterDuffColorFilter, android.content.res.ColorStateList, android.graphics.PorterDuff$Mode) would have incorrectly overridden the package-private method in android.graphics.drawable.Drawable

E/WebViewFactory: can't load with relro file; address space not reserved

I/WebViewFactory: Loading com.google.android.webview version 55.0.2883.91 (code 288309100)

I/asset: Success to oxygen resources /system/framework/oxygen-framework-res.apk

I/art: Rejecting re-init on previously-failed class java.lang.Class<com.android.webview.chromium.TokenBindingManagerAdapter>

I/art: Rejecting re-init on previously-failed class java.lang.Class<com.android.webview.chromium.TokenBindingManagerAdapter>

I/art: Rejecting re-init on previously-failed class java.lang.Class<com.android.webview.chromium.ServiceWorkerControllerAdapter>

I/art: Rejecting re-init on previously-failed class java.lang.Class<com.android.webview.chromium.ServiceWorkerControllerAdapter>

W/linker: libwebviewchromium.so: unused DT entry: type 0x6ffffffe arg 0x33fa0

W/linker: libwebviewchromium.so: unused DT entry: type 0x6fffffff arg 0x3

I/cr_LibraryLoader: Time to load native libraries: 55 ms (timestamps 7441-7496)

I/cr_LibraryLoader: Expected native library version number "55.0.2883.91", actual native library version number "55.0.2883.91"

I/cr_LibraryLoader: Expected native library version number "55.0.2883.91", actual native library version number "55.0.2883.91"

I/chromium: [INFO:library_loader_hooks.cc(163)] Chromium logging enabled: level = 0, default verbosity = 0

I/cr_BrowserStartup: Initializing chromium process, singleProcess=true

I/Adreno-EGL: <qeglDrvAPI_eglInitialize:410>: EGL 1.4 QUALCOMM build: Nondeterministic_AU_msm8974_LA.BF.1.1.1.C4__release_AU ()

OpenGL ES Shader Compiler Version: E031.25.03.06

Build Date: 08/11/15 Tue

Local Branch: mybranch12886200

Remote Branch: quic/LA.BF.1.1.1.c4

Local Patches: NONE

Reconstruct Branch: NOTHING

I/art: Rejecting re-init on previously-failed class java.lang.Class<com.android.webview.chromium.WebViewContentsClientAdapter$WebResourceErrorImpl>

I/art: Rejecting re-init on previously-failed class java.lang.Class<com.android.webview.chromium.WebViewContentsClientAdapter$WebResourceErrorImpl>

D/ConnectivityManager.CallbackHandler: CM callback handler got msg 524290

I/art: Rejecting re-init on previously-failed class java.lang.Class<org.chromium.content.browser.FloatingWebActionModeCallback>

I/art: Rejecting re-init on previously-failed class java.lang.Class<org.chromium.content.browser.FloatingWebActionModeCallback>

I/cr_Ime: ImeThread is enabled.

W/cr_media: Requires BLUETOOTH permission

D/SensorManager: enableSensor native: LIS3DSH Accelerometer

D/SensorManager: enableSensor native: MMC34160PJ MMC34160PJ

D/SensorManager: enableSensor native: LIS3DSH Accelerometer

E/libEGL: validate_display:255 error 3008 (EGL_BAD_DISPLAY)

D/AppTracker: App Event: start

D/OpenGLRenderer: Use EGL_SWAP_BEHAVIOR_PRESERVED: true

D/Atlas: Validating map...

D/SensorManager: disableSensor native: LIS3DSH Accelerometer

D/SensorManager: disableSensor native: LIS3DSH Accelerometer

W/AudioCapabilities: Unsupported mime audio/evrc

D/SensorManager: disableSensor native: MMC34160PJ MMC34160PJ

W/AudioCapabilities: Unsupported mime audio/qcelp

W/VideoCapabilities: Unrecognized profile 2130706433 for video/avc

D/AppTracker: App Event: stop

W/AudioCapabilities: Unsupported mime audio/x-ms-wma

W/AudioCapabilities: Unsupported mime audio/x-ms-wma-lossless

W/AudioCapabilities: Unsupported mime audio/x-ms-wma-pro

W/AudioCapabilities: Unsupported mime audio/amr-wb-plus

D/ConnectivityManager.CallbackHandler: CM callback handler got msg 524290

W/AudioCapabilities: Unsupported mime audio/qcelp

D/NetworkStateReceiver: Network connectivity change

W/AudioCapabilities: Unsupported mime audio/evrc

W/VideoCapabilities: Unsupported mime video/mpeg2

W/VideoCapabilities: Unsupported mime video/mpeg2

W/VideoCapabilities: Unsupported mime video/x-ms-wmv

W/VideoCapabilities: Unsupported mime video/divx

W/VideoCapabilities: Unsupported mime video/divx311

I/OpenGLRenderer: Initialized EGL, version 1.4

D/OpenGLRenderer: Enabling debug mode 0

W/VideoCapabilities: Unsupported mime video/divx4

W/VideoCapabilities: Unsupported mime video/mp4v-esdp

I/VideoCapabilities: Unsupported profile 4 for video/mp4v-es

D/AbstractTracker: Event success

D/AbstractTracker: Event success

E/chromium: [ERROR:interface_registry.cc(104)] Failed to locate a binder for interface: autofill::mojom::PasswordManagerDriver

W/cr_BindingManager: Cannot call determinedVisibility() - never saw a connection for the pid: 13517

E/AndroidProtocolHandler: Unable to open asset URL: file:///android_asset/ade.js

I/Timeline: Timeline: Activity_idle id: android.os.BinderProxy@32c83c94 time:28748394

E/AndroidProtocolHandler: Unable to open asset URL: file:///android_asset/geolocation_2/jquery/jquery-mobile-transparent-ui-overlay.css

W/cr_BindingManager: Cannot call determinedVisibility() - never saw a connection for the pid: 13517

This is all the information I can't think of to attach at the moment.

Any Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Paul.

Hello Paul,

This message is shown when your location can not be fetched as needed. The "i" icon Trying to find out where you are means the app is waiting for location info. If it keeps showing that, it may be because your GPS is not open or you are testing in house and sometimes that blocks/affects the signal.

Please make sure that you have the location services on for the sample app. The location service has to be authorized by the user (so you can check your phone settings for the app if the location service is enabled to the specific app). For the location handling and the correct set-up please check the set-up guide to make sure you have everything done correctly. And you can also check the implementation and documentation for the POIs samples.

Finally, this could also happen because of specific requirements that your device fail to complete. You could try our sample app with several phones and see if this is happening with other phones as well. The minimum requirements that a device should fulfill are:
1. Compass
2. GPS and/or networking positioning
3. Accelerometer

Thanks
Eva

Hi I have tried all the above suggestions, but it still can't find my location. I have location services enabled on the application, and the permissions in the androidmanifest xml file, and I am just using the exact same code the example.

I was looking through the logcat and there are two lines with errors:

E/AndroidProtocolHandler: Unable to open asset URL: file:///android_asset/ade.js

E/AndroidProtocolHandler: Unable to open asset URL: file:///android_asset/geolocation_2/jquery/jquery-mobile-transparent-ui-overlay.css

I can't find these files in the example folder, I have read that ade.js is available by downloading architect tools, but I am not sure what the second file is, or where it can be located in the example folder. I have looked in the assets folder but neither files are present there.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Paul.

I have since found that the references to those files are found in the index.html file, There is no file path for the ade.js file though, it appears like this (with no file path, just .. prefix) I don't know if that matters. It appears the same in the other examples also.

<script src="https://www.wikitude.com/libs/architect.js"></script>
<script src="../ade.js"></script>
Hello Paul,

As you already mentioned you are developing your app with our SDK Javascript for Android. Can you also tell me which version you are testing?

Thanks
Eva

I'm not sure how to check that, is that just the android version that appears in brackets when you go to run an application? if so then its Android 6.0 (API 23)

Hi Paul,

That was my mistake since I was not clear enough. I meant which SDK version you are testing with. Are you testing with our new SDK 6?

Thanks

Eva

Oh yes I am. But I have seen there is a newer version out as of 15/02/2017, I am using the version previous to that. So I am using 6.0, not 6.0.1. But yes to confirm I am using SDK 6.

Thanks,

-Paul.

Hi Paul,

Have you downloaded Javascript Android from our download page? Because if you had then you should have the files ade.js and  jquery-mobile-transparent-ui-overlay.css under the corresponding file path. This is the reason why you are not seeing any POIs and you are getting the errors you posted above.

Check your asset folder if it contains the file ade.js and geolocation_2/jquery/jquery-mobile-transparent-ui-overlay.css.

Eva

Yeah I did. but those to files are not in my asset folder. I will try re-downloading it and loading the example into a new project.

Thanks,

-Paul.

hello there,
i have the same problem too, i build the app from example 08_Browsing Pois_5_Native Detail Screen. the POI doesnt show. do you know how to fix that? and what should i do to make my own POI data?
sorry for bad english

Hello David,

Have you tried the instructions provided in the second forum post? Are you getting any error apart from the 'Trying to find where you are' ? Did you check to see if all files are stored in your project?

Thanks
Eva 

Hi Eva,

Upon re-downloading the the JavaScript Android from the download page, I realized that I was not using sdk 6, I was using 5. and it did not have the two missing files:

ade.js

geolocation_2/jquery/jquery-mobile-transparent-ui-overlay.css

The sdk 6 download has both of these.  I am currently going through the setup guide again carefully, to make sure I complete each step correctly. I am half way through it and I am getting an error when I run the project saying 'error: package com.wikitude.architect does not exist', for some reason it's not recognizing the wikitude architect library.  But I will finish with the setup, because maybe there is a step I have not yet completed that will fix this error.

Thanks,

-Paul.

Hi Eva,

I have setup a new example project for SDK 6, and made the necessary changes according to the setup guide. It builds successfully with no errors, but it still can't find my location for some reason. One bit of progress I did make is that, the screen is no longer blank white, the view of the camera operates now. It still just gives the message trying to find your location. I am using wifi with location on.

I'm not really sure where to go from here, I will have a look at some documentation for location stategies on android studio's website as I say a link for it in the wikitude documentation somewhere and said for location accuracy to go to location strategies in android studios documentation.

Do you have any idea why the location is still not being retrieved?

Thanks,

-Paul.

Hi Eva,

I have also added a debugger to the application to check what processes are happening when I open the app, and move the smartphone camera around, but nothing is appearing in the debuggers log. As I mentioned, it is building successfully now with no errors.

Login or Signup to post a comment