Start a new topic

world not loading in Android

Hi, I have this app that is running fine in iOS10 but when I installed it in an Android device it runs but doesn't load the AR part. I did some debugging with the chrome remote debugging and I saw that when I press the button that should load my world, it gives me the following error:

index.js:83 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'applicationDirectory' of undefined

at Object.loadExampleARchitectWorld (index.js:83)

at <anonymous>:1:5

loadExampleARchitectWorld @ index.js:83

(anonymous) @ VM59:1

1 person has this problem

Hi Axel,

Could you please provide with some further information regarding your issue:

- Which version of the SDK are you using?
- Are you using the JS API?
- Are you using any of our Extensions (Titanium, Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using?
- What device does this happen with (os Version and model)?
- is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, does the sample app work on your device?

Thanks
Eva

Hi Eva, thanks for your answer. I'm using the Cordova plugin version 5.3.1, sdk 5. The sample app works on my device and my app is based on the sample app. It does work fully in iOS, it builds in Android, it jus doesn't load the AR world

Hello Axel,

The error you have posted is related to the ADE and should not happen on the device. If there is any other error displayed in the desktop browser during debugging or on the device please post it here. If the posted error is the only one then I suggest ignoring it and test with on device debugging on the device.

Note: It sometimes occurs when the ADE changes the object tree in quick successions. It it a known issue but should not affect your World.

Thanks
Eva

Hi, Eva thanks for your message. I think I may not have been clear but the thing is that this error is happening in the device. I installed it in my tablet and did the remote debugging following the instructions in the documentation. Regards:

Axel

Hi Axel,

Can you please send your complete AR experience (.html, .css, .js files, assets, target images) so we can test internally at support@wikitude.com and put as the title the title of this topic?

Thanks
Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment