Start a new topic

Keyboard not showing up again after entering and returning from an ARView

Dear Wikitude,

We've recently purchased the wikitude SDK and we were excited to upgrade the trial version to the full version. In the latest version of the SDK you state that: 

Fixes an issue for Android where the keyboard was not showing up again after entering and returning from an ARView.

We've updated the plugin to 5.3.1, but the problem still persists.

When we close the AR view and we try to focus an input field or textarea, the soft keyboard still won't show up. 

I've searched the forum posts and i've tried:

Manually set the focus via 

window.setTimeout(function ()) {

document.getElementById("myId").focus();

}, 0);

and also, when we were still using the older version of the SDK, i changed 

this.webView.handleResume(true) instead of calling handleResumeInCordovaWebView()

this.webView.getView().clearFocus()  instead of calling releaseFocusInCordovaWebView()

Both of these 'fixes' didn't work. 

I reverted the changes and updated the plugin to the newest version. 

What can I do in order to get the soft keyboard (android) focus back, the keyboard won't show at all.

Kind regards,

Guido

Appedemic

cordova version 6.4.0.

Tested it on multiple android devices.

Hello Guido,

I have tested our sample app again on an android device (Samsung 7) and the keyboard issue was fixed there. Can you please send your complete AR experience (.html, .css, .js files, assets, target images) so we can test internally your project?

Thanks
Eva

Hello Eva,

Which emailaddress do you want me to send it to?

Kind regards,

Guido

Appedemic

Hi Guido,

You can send your complete AR experience (.html, .css, .js files, assets, target images) to support@wikitude.com.

Thanks
Eva

Hello Eva,

I have sent the files + pdf (detailed information on how to reproduce the keyboard issue) to support@wikitude.com

Thank you for the help.

We are looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards,

Guido 

Appedemic

I've narrowed down the keyboard problem and the crosswalk plugin was interfering with the webview.

I tried changing the wikitude java code as described here: 

https://github.com/Wikitude/wikitude-cordova-plugin/pull/115/files#diff-5f70a25e1880205487727b08f352b956

But that didn't help, the keyboard still didn't come up.

We decided to remove the crosswalk plugin from our project and that seems to fix the issue with the keyboard.

Login or Signup to post a comment