Start a new topic

How to Augment POIs using Android Native Api

Does sdk actually capable of doing so because i can see an example in JavaScript api but not in Native APi. Any one can please guide me how to show POI in augmented reality using mobile camera?

Reply quick

Hi Muhammad,

Location based services are not supported in the Native API, only in Javascript. If you wish you can refer to this documentation for a comparison between Javascript API and Native API.

Thanks
Eva

Thanks support for your prompt reply, Is there any way i can used the Javascript api in android sdk?

Hi,

You can find everything you need to know regarding Javascript API and Android in our documentation here.

Thanks
Eva

Do i have to use some cross platform framework like ionic or phonegap for this because the JavaScript ain't gonna work with Android Sdk and Android Studio? Please help!

Hello Muhammad,

What exactly is the problem you are having with Javascript and Android Studio? Because if you follow the documentation then there is a set up guide how to integrate Javascript with Android Studio.

Thanks
Eva

So you mean basically the wikitude sdk is interfacing/bridging the java script to java code and at the end converting the byte code to dex and executing in ART?

Regards

Hi Muhammad,

The javascript code is executed on the webview. For further reference please have a look at our github repository.

Thanks
Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment