Start a new topic

Black square video augmentation

Hello.

On my Android project I have some video augmentations. Roughly 50% of the times when I focus on the target I get a black square instead of the actual video (see attached image). The videos themselves are ok because sometimes they show properly.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

P

Hello Paolo,

Did you try with our sample app to see if you are experiencing the same issues there?

What I would also recommend is to have a look at our article regarding VideoDrawables here. Also, you should make sure that you are destroying the previous augmented object (so in your case that would be the video) when you are targeting another image. One last thing that could influence your experience is the size of the video, which should not exceed 5MB.

Finally, you can send over your video so that we can test internally.

Thanks
Eva

Hello Eva.

It may be the size of the videos, all 3 exceed the 5MB limit.

A couple of observations, though:

- isn't the 5MB limit a bit too stringent for any reasonable use in an app?

- if the 5MB limit is a requirement, how come _sometimes_ all 3 videos work fine?

- the same videos in iOS have absolutely no problems.

Thank you,

P

Hi Paolo,

May I ask if all 3 videos together exceed the limit of 5MB? Because then I would strongly recommend you destroy the previous augmented object when you switch the target image.

You could also send over your complete AR experience (.html, .css, .js files, assets->especially the videos, target images) so we can test internally

Thanks
Eva

Hello Eva.

I have temporarily modified the app to include now a SINGLE target.

I have recompressed the mp4 to 3.9MB.

No luck, same problem. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, absolutely random.

Regards,

P

Hi Paolo,

Since there is no way for us to understand what could be the problem, can you send over your complete AR experience (.html, .css, .js files, assets->especially the videos, target images) so we can test internally? Also please tell me which device you are testing with and what are the exact steps you are doing so we can reproduce the issue.

Thanks
Eva

Hello Eva.

Where do I send the files?

Thank you,

P

Hi,

You can put them here or send them at support@wikitude.com.

Thanks
Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment