Start a new topic

Multiple 3D targets

Hi,

Is it possible to recognize multiple 3D maps. Using the samples, I found a way how to save multiple maps and load them. I was even able to recognize both of the scenes (however, not always - I don't know why) but the Tracker in the function onTargetRecognize or onTracking always contained the same information, i.e. it always returned the same tracker (the one that was added later) even though the TargetManager contained both of the trackers.

I used following function to add both trackers (always with a different file):

_wikitudeSDK.getTrackerManager().create3dClientTracker(file.getAbsolutePath()).registerTrackerEventListener(ClientTracking3DActivity.this);

Do you know what could be the problem? Is it possible to solve this issue?

Best Regards,

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

You can't recognise multiple maps at the same time, but you should be able to recognise different ones. Let's say you have tracker A with map a & b and tracker B with map c & d. When creating a 3d tracker with tracker A, you can either recognise map a or b in the camera feed, but never map a and b together at the same time. The same is true for tracker B. 

You also can't have tracker A and B active at the same time. The last one that was created is the currently active one until you set the last one disabled and enable a previous one.

I hope this helps

Best regards,

Andreas

Thank you very much Andreas for a quick reply! 

Now it is clear. However, how can I add two different maps into one tracker? And how can I distinguish them once they are detected?

Best Regards,

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

With our current map recording solution you can't. I can check with our CV team if you can send us two single map files and they combine them into a single map collection. Since we're internally already working on the next version of object recognition and the map format changed, I'm not sure if they still have those old tools around.

Best regards,

Andreas

Thank you Andreas for your reply.

Best Regards,

Pavel

Login or Signup to post a comment