Start a new topic
Solved

iOS: Camera stops after reopening App

Hi everyone,

I am currently creating a very simple AR View App with the Wikitude iOS SDK. The App is working fine so far, except for one weird behaviour:

When I back out of the App by pressing the Home Button, then reopen the App, the camera stops working. All that is displayed is a static image of what was displayed when I exit the App.

However, Wikitude is still rendering. I have a function with which to alter the AR World and when I execute it, the AR world still changes on the target that is statically displayed. The only thing that isn't working is the camera.

I'd appreciate any help I can get!

Hi Markus,

Can you describe your setup a litte bit more? Are you using any extension like Cordova, Titanium or Xamarin? Which iOS device do you use and which version of iOS is running on it? 

If not, do you call the -stop method of our SDK in case you exit the app? Does our example app work for you?

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I am not using any extension, I am just using the Javascript API for iOS.

Currently I am only targeting iPads, but I tested it on an iPhone and the same effect occurred. I am targeting iOS 10.0 and higher.

The example App works on both devices as well. I am not sure which -stop call you mean, but I did copy a lot of code for state handling from the sample app.

Thank you,

Markus

Hi Andreas,

I realized what I was doing wrong. I had implemented the methods for Receiving the Application state notifications, but I had forgotten to actually register the AR View as an Observer for those Notifications.

Login or Signup to post a comment