Start a new topic

Build app like Wikitude iOS

Hi,

How can I do an app like Wikitude for iOS? I used this application for 3d object on image target. I downloaded the example application and edit tokens. Example app finds the image and create a square on it but I want my 3d objects on it like wikitudes applications test field. I m using iOS Native API.

Sorry for very bad English .

Thanks.

Hi,

If you work with our Native API, you'll need to take care of the rendering on your end. This is why the sample only shows a very simple square. If you don't intended to use your own rendering, then I recommend to use the JS API. A comparison of the 2 different approaches can be found here.

Greetings

Nicola

1 person likes this
If you're referring to storing your content and (.wt3, .wtc) files on your servers instead of packaging it with the application to have it loaded with every start of the AR experience --> then yes this is possible. You can store the complete AR experience (incl. .html files, .js files, assets) on your servers and load the .html file when you start the experience. Or you can have specific files online and load them when you create the augmentation or tracker.

The best way to start testing the different approaches is to check out the sample app which comes with the SDK download package together with the respective documentation section.

Greetings

Nicola

1 person likes this

Okey Thanks Nicola

Can I use SDK Lite for this project or I need to buy SDK PRO and can I use one SDK License for both Android and iOS

If you intend to work with Image Recognition you'll need to work with our SDK PRO licenses (PRO, PRO+, Unlimited). The licenses are per app and per platform. Details on the packages here:

SDK PRO: supports geobased AR and image recognition; no SDK upgrades are included; if you develop your app for Android and iOS, you’ll need 2 SDK licenses; one time fee - 990€ per license

SDK PRO+: supports geobased AR and image recognition; SDK upgrades and premium support are included; if you develop your app for Android and iOS, you’ll need 1 SDK PRO+; yearly subscription - 1980€ per PRO+ license;

SDK PRO+ Unlimited: supports geobased AR and image recognition; SDK upgrades and premium support are included; this product is your best option if you develop multiple applications; yearly subscription - 4.490€ per PRO+ license;

Greetings

Nicola

I have one more question,

Is there any way when I open my application it connects to cloud and download my 3d object and show it on the image. What I want is like a social media I don't want to upload wt3,wtc files in my application just automatically download the 3d object from target manager and show.

Thanks. 

Login or Signup to post a comment