Start a new topic
Solved

transparent video not working in android

Hi I have an app published at the App and Play stores and the targets work fine except that in the Android app the transparent video augmentations don't work. The same media file is used on both versions, since I'm using the cordova plugin. The regular video and buttons work in both iOS and Android. I also tested the transparent video that comes in the wikitude sample app and the same thing happened. It workes in iOS but not in Android. I know that the Android Version does read the targets but it just cannot overlay the augmentation. Regards:

Axel

Hi Axel,

Could you please provide with some further information?

-Which android device you are testing with and what is the android version?

-Are you using our latest SDK version 5.3.1?

Thanks

Eva

Hi, thanks for the answer. I am not using latest sdk version 5.3.1 and I can't give you an android version because I used many different devices in my tests and mos of them belonged to other people and it would be difficult for me to track right now. But anyway I'm afraid those infos may be irrelevant because I also tested my world using wikitude's app and the result was the same. The wikitude app on iOS would play the transparent video and the wikitude app on Android would not. regards:

Axel

Hi Axel,

Thank you for providing further information. Can you please try and test with our latest wikitude sdk version 5.3.1? There were some issues reported with previous versions (including version 5.3.0) that we were able to fix with this version and this is why I kindly ask you to upgrade.

Thanks

Eva

Thanks Eva for your message. I would like some help in doing so though. I downloaded the cordova plugin, replaced the files and put my licence but then my world doesn't work, it won't load actually. Is there another way to do this upgrade? Maybe through the cordova command line interface? Regards:

Axel

Hi Axel,

Since you are upgrading the Wikitude Cordova plugin then a rebuilt of your whole project is required. 

Thanks

Eva

Hi, I solved the problem. The problem was in the encoding of the videos. We found in the documentation that Android can only play H.264 videos that were encoded with certain profiles. The safest thing is using baseline. We did that and all the videos started working. Regards!

Login or Signup to post a comment