Start a new topic

Problem creating a transparent video for wikitude

Problem creating a transparent video for wikitude

1 person has this problem

Hi Reza,

Unfortunately we do not have the video with the green background so I cannot provide it to you.

Thanks
Eva

Hi,

From your videos it looks like the alpha channel was not stored correctly (because the lower part is completely white). If you have access to Premier or Final cut this would be good.

Greetings

Nicola
Hi Reza,

The only thing I can tell you is that the final video you created is not like the image I put in my post, so that means that there was a problem during the conversion of your video to a transparent video. Could you please repeat the steps again and make sure that the final video matches the one I posted?

Thanks
Eva

Hi, I've been trying to convert a transparent video to a format that wikitude can accept for rendering, But the convert.bat does not work, can anyone help me.

I have this video, it's a H.264, 720p, baseline profile, etc. but when I execute a convert.bat I recive a video with a white space in the bottom.

"C:<SDK>WikitudeSDK_Android_5-3-0_2016-09-13_14-19-36Tools\Video\windows>convert.bat "C:\XXX\Desktop\Video before.mp4" "C:\XXX\Desktop\video after.mp4"   "

Thanks

Hi,

Did you follow the steps from this tutorial? The video before doesn't look correct - it seems that the alpha channel was not exported correctly.

Greetings

Nicola

Hey Eva Thanks for response, yes I repeated with different files and result is the same, For my investigation to find what is wrong if is it possible to provide the original sample video with green background, then I can redo steps and I can divide and conquer the issue.
By this way I can be sure that tools I am using are Ok or not?
Thanks for help

I did everything that the tutorial said, I made a video in a green screen, converted into apple prores 444, then into the <SDK> convert.bat and nothing... what program do I need to use or any advise?
Hey
I have exactly same problem, (I am using windows and I don't have access to Mac)
I used HandBrake to make my video H264 format
Then I used Bigasoft total video convertor to convert it to Prores 444
Then I used convert.bat
No error, but video still has green on top and completely white in the bottom

Any clue?

Oh I think I missed a step to remove green background before converting to Prores 4444.
I am going to find a software for that

OK
I removed green background with Easy Video Maker, and then convert it to Prores 4444, and still same,

I attach files in different stage:  (1 of 4, 2 of 4)

mp4
mp4
I attach files in different stage:  (3 of 4, 4 of 4)
File at step 3 (after saving as Prores is 64mb and site doesn't allow me to upload it here) you can download it via http://www.jarchee.ca/ar/3-minionsH264-nogreen-prores.mov

mov
Hello Reza,

Based on the videos you provided, they are not converted as they should be (see image below).

Please refer to the documentation section provided in the previous forum post by Nicola to see how the transparent videos should be like.

Hi Yes, I have read the documentation and I did what is mentioned there, also I read this thread before the final post says that "If you have access to Premier or Final cut this would be good." Since they are on mac I don't have access, also I provided step by step files to get help, since you have great experience you might see tge files and say hey this is what is missing or this is what is caused the issue.

Hello Reza,

I apologize but I do not exactly understand what you mean by saying "For my investigation to find what is wrong if is it possible to provide the original sample video with green background, then I can redo steps and I can divide and conquer the issue. " Could you please explain?

Thanks
Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment