Start a new topic

Location-based AR problem

Location-based AR problem

Hi, there.

I'm a college student and I am currently working on a project which should be an AR implementation with Android.
I found this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMSxw-hP_f0 helpful.

However, I have several problems.

First, I notice that he incudes "architect.js". I cannot find such .js in the SDK that I've downloaded.
Second, the tutorial is somehow unclear for me. How can I include javascript into my android project? Or I can just download Wikitude Android SDK and implement location-based AR? Is there any tutorial?

Hi,

The architect.js is an internal file which is needed by the SDK - you don't need to worry about it or modify it.

The best way to start is to check out the sample app which comes with the SDK download package together with the respective documentation section.

As for your specific use case - displaying POIs then those samples should be what you're looking for:

Point of Interest

Retrieving POI data

Browsing POIs

You can work with the documentation together with the sample app to get details and see how the code works.

Greetings

Nicola

Thanks for the reply!

I tried the POI tutroial http://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/android/poi.html#point-of-interest-poi yesterday,

but I couldn't run on the website.

Since my final goal is to run the location based AR in Android. I put it into my Android code and still showed nothing.

How can I run the code? The tutorial explained the usage well but I don't actually know how to really implement it.

Any idea?

Hi,

The problem might be with your set-up. Please follow the Android set-up guide very closely on how to make the sample app run or add our SDK into your own project. Here you can also find a video tutorial.

Greetings

Nicola

Thanks for your kind reply, Nicola.

I follow the setup guide and it is good so far.

Now I have a new problem when I compile I have this error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.example.user.geoar/com.example.user.geoar.MainActivity}: java.lang.ClassCastException: android.widget.Button cannot be cast to com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectView

I don't really understand this situation.

Also, when I run the POI from the example SDK, it fails to open my camera and show the marker. What may be the potential problems?

Hi,

This error looks like a Android / Java related issue because you're trying to cast a Button widget into an Architect object. As this has nothing to do with our SDK directly but with programming issues, we can't provide any support for this. Please check Android / Java related programming tutorials for details.

Greetings

Nicola
Login or Signup to post a comment