Start a new topic

org.appcelerator.titanium.TiTranslucentActivity Theme.AppCompat

org.appcelerator.titanium.TiTranslucentActivity Theme.AppCompat

Hello,

Wikitude SDK Titanium -> I am trying to integrate one of the samples included inside the Wikitude Samples App inside a Titanium Alloy project. This link has helped me "align" the bits and bytes required for that, but I am now getting an Exception when trying to open the ARchitectWindow inside one of the screens in my Alloy Project. I am getting the following:

:  TiApplication: (main) Sending event: exception on thread: main msg:java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.kitewalk/org.appcelerator.titanium.TiTranslucentActivity}: java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.; Titanium 5.5.1,2016/09/27 05:39,b18727f
:  TiApplication: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.kitewalk/org.appcelerator.titanium.TiTranslucentActivity}: java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
:  TiApplication:     at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2359)
:  TiApplication:     at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2411)
:  TiApplication:     at android.app.ActivityThread.access$800(ActivityThread.java:151)
:  TiApplication:     at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1342)
:  TiApplication:     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:110)
:  TiApplication:     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:193)
:  TiApplication:     at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5315)
:  TiApplication:     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
:  TiApplication:     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
:  TiApplication:     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:825)
:  TiApplication:     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:641)
:  TiApplication:     at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
:  TiApplication: Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
:  TiApplication:     at android.support.v7.app.AppCompatDelegateImplV7.createSubDecor(AppCompatDelegateImplV7.java:310)
:  TiApplication:     at android.support.v7.app.AppCompatDelegateImplV7.ensureSubDecor(AppCompatDelegateImplV7.java:279)
:  TiApplication:     at android.support.v7.app.AppCompatDelegateImplV7.setContentView(AppCompatDelegateImplV7.java:244)
:  TiApplication:     at android.support.v7.app.AppCompatActivity.setContentView(AppCompatActivity.java:114)
:  TiApplication:     at org.appcelerator.titanium.TiBaseActivity.setContentView(TiBaseActivity.java:567)
:  TiApplication:     at org.appcelerator.titanium.TiBaseActivity.onCreate(TiBaseActivity.java:685)
:  TiApplication:     at org.appcelerator.titanium.TiActivity.onCreate(TiActivity.java:18)
:  TiApplication:     at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:5343)
:  TiApplication:     at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1088)
:  TiApplication:     at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2323)
:  TiApplication:     ... 11 more

I am trying to dig in further on my research but I am running short of docs and pointers. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Mario

Moved on thanks to this doc : http://docs.appcelerator.com/platform/latest/#!/guide/Android_Themes => Theme.AppCompat.Translucent works nicely
Login or Signup to post a comment