Start a new topic

Android Javascript 5.3.0 - Could not create OpenGL texture when creating AR

Android Javascript 5.3.0 - Could not create OpenGL texture when creating AR

Hi,

I have just upgraded my Android Javascript Wikitude SDK app from Wikitude 5.2.0 to 5.3.0

I have a piece of code which, when the trigger image is detected, loads a video as follows:

loadVideo : function loadVideoFn(argVideoName)
{
return new AR.VideoDrawable(argVideoName,
{
fullVideoPath : argVideoName,
enabled: false,
offsetX: 0,
offsetY: 0,
zOrder: 2,
onLoaded: arVideoLoaded,
onPlaybackStarted: function videoPlaying()
{
},
onFinishedPlaying: function videoFinished()
{
},
onClick: function videoClicked()
{

},
rotate: {
tilt: CONST_VIDEO_SCREEN_ROTATION_TILT,
heading: CONST_VIDEO_SCREEN_ROTATION_HEADING,
roll: CONST_VIDEO_SCREEN_ROTATION_ROLL
}
});
}

In Android Javascript Wikitude SDK 5.2.0, this works exactly as expected and the arVideoLoaded function is called.

However, in 5.3.0 WITHOUT MAKING ANY OTHER CODE CHANGES, sometimes the code works and the video loads. At other times, the following error is displayed in the Android Monitor console:

09-21 09:48:15.211 14519-17944/headlines.uk.com.headlinesandroid I/glinfo: Max texture size = 8192

09-21 09:48:15.211 14519-17944/headlines.uk.com.headlinesandroid E/o: Could not create OpenGL texture

When this happens the arVideoLoaded function is never called, and the video does not load. If I close and reopen the app, sometimes the code will work and sometimes it will not. When it DOES work, I alsways get the log message: 09-21 09:51:10.631 14519-17944/headlines.uk.com.headlinesandroid I/glinfo: Max texture size = 8192 However, I do not see the second message "Could not create OpenGL texture" Please would someone be able to explain if this is something I am doing wrong? e.g. max video size, or if this is a wikitude problem? Thanks very much, Richard.

Hi Richard,
We did not change the implementation for video drawable or the texture handling. Because of this I don't understand why you didn't experienced this behaviour with the previous version of our SDK.
On the other side multiple customer reported issues with videos not appearing all the time and we already started investigating this issue.

Could you send us a demo project/Architect World with which we can reproduce the issue?

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your reply.

What is the best way for me to send you a project? I would rather do that privately than post on the forum.

Thanks,

Richard.

Hi Richard,
Simply send a mail to support@wikitude.com and mention the thread topic and/or add a link to this thread.

THX for helping us with this issue!

Best regards,

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment