Start a new topic

architecture armv7 clang: error: linker command failed

architecture armv7 clang: error: linker command failed

Dear wonderful Wikitude support team,

I have downloaded Wikitude SDK JavaScript API iOS 5.2.0 version. 

I'm going through setting up of Wikitude SDK on my first iOS project, added all the frameworks and dynamic libraries as per the instructions and started with coding, adding WTArchitectView! and WTNavigation! properties no problem, no errors. So it shows the imports were successful. However, one error is showing:

/Desktop/WikitudeSDK_iOS_5-2-0_2016-07-11_16-33-34/testWikitudeSDK/testWikitudeSDK/Frameworks/WikitudeSDK.framework/WikitudeSDK(libWikitudeSDK.a-armv7-master.o)' does not contain bitcode. You must rebuild it with bitcode enabled (Xcode setting ENABLE_BITCODE), obtain an updated library from the vendor, or disable bitcode for this target. for architecture armv7

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I'm using Xcode version 7.3.1

Would really appreciate if someone can assist on this.

Many thanks in advance

Hi Hazzaldo,

What you should do is disable Bitcode for ARMv7 architecture. This should solve your issue.

Thanks
Eva

Thanks for the response Eva. Please note the effect this will have on the app upon disabling Bitcode, stated in the Bitcode section of the Apple developer website:

Bitcode is an intermediate representation of a compiled program. Apps you upload to iTunes Connect that contain bitcode will be compiled and linked on the store. Including bitcode will allow Apple to re-optimize your app binary in the future without the need to submit a new version of your app to the store.

source page: https://developer.apple.com/library/tvos/documentation/IDEs/Conceptual/AppDistributionGuide/AppThinning/AppThinning.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40012582-CH35-SW2

So this will not be ideal for working on and releasing full production Apps on the App store. Is there a more permanent work-around for this? 

Thanks

Hi hazzaldo,
Currently we don't support Bitcode on iOS, so disabling Bitcode in your project is the only solution right now.

Best regards,

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment