Start a new topic

ios ipad2 geolocation

ios ipad2 geolocation

Hello, i would like to try the geolocation on ipad2.

I have cordova plugin 5.1.3, ios framework and i try with the samples in github...

all my RA is ok, 2d 3d, but when i tried 3D with geolocation, it's append nothing, if i put some text in html files, i see nothing to... and if i tried other of poi , its the same things...i d'ont see the radar... etc

I think i have forbidden one thinks but what???

What is the problem please...

thanks

for exemple i have not the message loading on the top... or it's ok in the html page

did I need phonegap plugin?

ok i have put geolocation, compass and accelerometre in cordova plugin  and when i open 3_3dModels_6_3dModelAtGeoLocation sample in my app, i can see the world but position is fixed and always on my tab !! ont the top and if i move, earth d'ont move and keep the place on top of my ipad..

thnaks to help

Hello Ced,

Since you are using the sample code for 3D model at GEO location you will see the 3D models you should note that the 3D model is positioned using a AR.RelativeLocation that allows to placement of objects relative to the user's location. Therefore, it is possible to position the solar system in northerly direction regardless of the actual longitude and latitude of the user's current position. We are using relative location so it is easier for the user to try it out on his own, however it is easy to change that to a real-geo location. For further details refer to AR.GeoLocation and AR.RelativeLocation.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much!!!

it's work fine... in relative geolocation it's ok...

but for real location, you did'nt have a simple exemple.... i don't undertand the way to use... i have try with your issue but nothing appends...

I would like juste put a 3d model on a real location gps and when you are in front off you can see le model wich doesn't move... He stay fixed on position and you can turn around him. Its a 3D model of architecure...

thanks
Hello,

Basically in you code you would need to write

location = new AR.GeoLocation(47.77317, 13.069929);        instead of
location = new AR.RelativeLocation(null, -12, -20, -13); 

Also, you need to ensure to use location nearby, otherwise it will not be renderred. You can also refer to this documentation and check the cullingDistance 

http://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/Reference/JavaScript%20API/classes/context.html#properties.

Also note that 3D models are rendered in a 'special' way in Geo space, for example a 3D model always looks in user's direction. Therefore, you can't let a building look north for example.

Thanks

Eva

Hi,

I have a similar problem where AR.GeoObject does not behave relative to AR.GeoLocation. Instead, it continues to behave relative to my location.  Here is my code:

var location = new AR.GeoLocation(12.68743737037239, -110.0108072183216);

//var location = new AR.RelativeLocation(null, 1, 1);

var geoObject = new AR.GeoObject(location, {

drawables: {

cam: videoDrawable

}

}); 

any pointers is appreciated.

Thanks.

Behdad

Hi Behdad,

When you are using GeoLocation then you must make sure that the latitude and longitude you are setting are pointing to a location that is near to you. I believe that you have not set these numbers correctly and this is why you are having issues. You can use this url http://www.latlong.net/ to help you get the coordinates of the position you specify.

Thanks

Eva

Hi Eva,

This is my entire code. The transparent video runs fine. The problem I am facing is that the video travels as I walk with my device. For example:

1) I place my device on the ground, the video moves to the ground. The correct behavior, I suspect, should be for the video to stay at the geo location I assigned it to and not move.

2) I walked 2000 meters away from the geo location and the video traveled with me and stayed the same size.

3) I walk to 8 meters of the geo location and the video travels with me, and is the same size.  The correct behavior should be for the video to stay where it is and scale as I get closer or farther from it.

My Environment:

Cordova version 6.1

Wikitude Plugin 5.3.1

iPhone with iOS 10.1.1 

My Code:

AR.context.scene.minScalingDistance = 1; 
        AR.context.scene.maxScalingDistance = 10;
        AR.context.scene.scalingFactor = 0.5;

var videoDrawable = new AR.VideoDrawable("assets/transparentVideo.mp4", 0.7, {
            offsetX: -0.2,
            offsetY: -0.12,
            isTransparent: true,
            onLoaded: function onLoadedFn() {
                videoDrawable.play(-1); //-1 : infinite loop
            }
        });

videoDrawable.play(-1);
        videoDrawable.pause();

// Create a button to open a website in a browser window after a click
        this.imgButton = new AR.ImageResource("assets/wwwButton.jpg");
        this.pageOneButton = this.createWwwButton("http://www.amazon.com", 0.1, {
            offsetX: -0.05,
            offsetY: 0.2,
            zOrder: 1
        });

// Latitude and Longitude are provided by www.latlong.net and iPhone compass
        var location = new AR.GeoLocation(33.688140, -118.012993); 
        var geoObject = new AR.GeoObject(location, {
            drawables: {
                cam: [videoDrawable, this.pageOneButton]
            },
            onEnterFieldOfVision: function onEnterFieldOfVisionFn() {
                videoDrawable.resume();
            },
            onExitFieldOfVision: function onExitFieldOfVisionFn() {
                videoDrawable.pause();
            }
        }); 

I hope you find something in the above code that can help you solve this for me.

Thanks,

Behdad

The issue you describe is related to the location service. Appears as if your movements are not registered by the application's location.

You may test your experience using the Wikitude Application by entering the "Developer" section in the main menu, log in and scroll down to enter the path to your remote index.html file (Ensure to host content on https).

Also check out Wikitude Application's sample Worlds, like Wikipedia, so see if your movements are registered there.

Hope this helps

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your reply. I will check that. In the meantime, what is the solution if my movements are not registered by the app's location?

thanks,

behdad

In case it matters, App's Location Service on my device is set to ON "While Using the App".

Location fetching is implemented in a common way in the samples.

Please have a look at the implementation of the SDK Sample application "Browsing POIs" and also test on different devices.

Hope this helps

Login or Signup to post a comment