Start a new topic

Object not loading at specified location with geo-location

Object not loading at specified location with geo-location

Hello,

I'm trying to load an object using the examples included in the sdk for cordova. For this example I replaced the earth.wt3 with a different wt3 object but when I do this the object loads at my location not the specified location.

Regards,

Ricardo Esteban Martinez Osorio

Hello Ricardo,

This is happening because this example is using AR.Relative location and therefore the 3D model is placed relative to the user's location. You can have a look at the Location properties here 

http://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/Reference/JavaScript%20API/classes/Location.html#methods

Thanks

Hello Eva, Sorry I forgot to specify something I modified the code so that the model willl load in a specific location but is not loading at that location, but when I use the eart wt3 model it loads at the specified location.

Hello Ricardo,

Could you please send your complete AR experience (.html, .css, .js files, assets, target images) so I can test internally?

Thanks

Sure, Thanks.

I had to send you a onedrive link because as an attachment didn´t work

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=84852DE3C84C00E9!825&authkey=!AJo3CCMOI6xz64w&ithint=file%2czip

Hello Ricardo,

I just tested the project you sent me and I was able to see a 3D model. However, I noticed that the model you are using first of all lacks of texturing. In addition you should also scale it down, because it is too big, starting maybe with 0.02 and then see if you can make it bigger or if you need to scale it down further.

Thanks

Thanks for the answer, I just tried scaling down the model but it didn´t work it´s having the same behavior. Is the size of the model a restriction for the sdk? because I´m going to be working with a big model most likely even bigger than the one from the example.

Regards,

Hi Ricardo,

We are investigating your use case a bit further to see how we can help you. Scaling down the models is a good option but what I would suggest you do is try your app in the set scene of your use case and see if you need to scale it down and how much or if there is no need for that. Right now I scaled down the 3D model to 0.00005 and it is working with RelativeLocation. There seems to be a problem with GeoLocation and that is what we are further investigating now. I will keep you posted.

Thanks

Thanks a lot, I tested scaling down the model and worked. I just did a different test with a different model and the model was small and I try to scale it up and it didn't work, and I need to use a very big model for my project. I don't really know if the model has something that doesn't work with Wikitude or if it is some other kind of issue.

Regards,

Ricardo Martinez

Hello Ricardo,

You should be able to scale up a model just as you can also scale it down. Could you please have a reference to the documentation here regarding how to scale 3D models and also keep in mind that the initial scale is not overwritten by a PropertyAnimation. 

I hope this can help you. If you still experience problems let me know.
Login or Signup to post a comment