Start a new topic




I am developing an app, using your samples. I use charset=utf-8, the same as usual, that is used in Portugal, but some characters, like '~' and '´' are not properly displayed. I changed the font, once the utf is the right one, but it keep not working. I realy need those characters, once they're used a lot.

Do you know how can I fix this?

Hello Rita,

In what environment are you developing your app? For example, are you using Android Studio? You should check the encoding of the file in your software and set it the same as in your meta-tag, that is charset=utf-8.

I hope this should help.


Yes, I'm developing the app with Android Studio, and I also have that meta tag ('<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">')

Hi Rita!

Issue is usually not related to the tag you added in the file but more related to the way the creator of the file saved it to the file.
Try creating a new file in Android Studio, Add the proper tag, and store it the usual way within Android Studio.

It will then be encoded properly. My wild guess is that someone translated the file but used a wrong encoding when storing the file.

Best regards
Login or Signup to post a comment