Start a new topic

Unity - 3d tracking in iOS is not working

Unity - 3d tracking in iOS is not working

Hi, 

Our 3D tracking is not suitable at the moment for large, outdoor scenes. You can find more info here. As for the second question, the SDK doesn't offer any form of automatic floor detection. To work around this issue, part of the initialization process could to include information about the floor after the map has been loaded. Then, adding new objects to the scene will be done relative to that.

Best regards,
Alexandru

Thanks!

It worked as you said. 

I have 2 more questions:

- How big can the map be? can I use the 3d tracking to track a corner in my neighbourhood? or a small park??

- Can use the map as limits for my augmented reality objects? What I want to do is create a map so the user can put new objects on it. For example, the user creates a map from the small park, he detects the floor, and then he has to create new trees with the game objects I create in Unity. But I don't want those new trees to be as if they were flying. I want them to stay on the floor the user detected. Is it possible?

Hi, 

The sample automatically saves the map as "TrackingMap.wtm" when the quality is Good. This behaviour can be changed changed of course. The "Client3DTrackingController" script is provided as an example and can be modified / extended as needed. I don't know about iTunes, but in Xcode you can download the map by going to Devices, selecting your phone, selecting the example application, clicking the gear on the bottom and selecting "Download container". The map should be in AppData/Documents/TrackingMap.wtm inside the container.

3D Tracking is currently in beta and we are constantly improving them. We are aware of the current issues and you should expect improvements in the next update.

Best regards,
Alexandru

Hi!

I started over. I did the "embedded binaries" and the "enbedded content contains swift code". I also had to write "No" for the "enable bitcode" otherwise it wouldn't run in my iphone 5.

After that, the error stopped appearing in the debug window but is not working well: When I start recording and it says "good" it goes to white and says "tracking" Sometimes it shows the pipes but it freezes and it shows the pipes in diferrent positions everytime I try to create the map. 

I never get asked for the map name or  if I want to keep it and when I go to itunes to see the recorded map (as the videos shows) there is nothing there. 

Is it supposed to work that way? or am I missing anyhting?

Hi, 

Was anything changed in the sample, specifically in the Client3DTrackingController.cs script? It seems the plugin is trying to load the recorded map from "/", which shouldn't happen. This is controlled by the TargetPath variable in the ClientTracker. You can also check what path is passed as parameter in the "OnRecordingFinished" callback. 

Best regards, 
Alexandru

Hi! 

I'm working with the Unity 3d tracking sample app. I tryed to create a map but I have a problem:

I click "start recording" and it starts going through the diferent possible states: bad, average and good, When it's good, the upper header goes white and it say "tracking" but nothing happens after that.

When I debug with xcode, there is a message saying: ": cannot append extension 'wtm' to path '/'"

What is wrong? 

Thanks for your help

Login or Signup to post a comment