1. The offline targets should be recognized. In the "Trackable" behaviour, are the events linked to anything? Other than that, I would need more info about how your scene is set up. A sample project would be great, if possible.
2. In the example project, the "Client3DTrackingController" script and the "Client Recognition - 3D Tracking" offers an example of how to record, save and then use a 3D map. The plugin offers a script, called "TrackingMapRecorder" that StartRecording and StopRecording methods, as well as a field called "TrackingMapName". It also exposes some events in the editor to be used as callbacks. The "OnRecordingFinished" event has a string parameter that tells you where the map was loaded.
We don't provide a tutorial right now, but there is some documentation for Unity (here), as well as a scripting reference (here).
Best regards, Alexandru
over 4 years ago
Hello dear Wikitude-Team,
i have the following Problems with the Unity Wikitude Plugin:
1. My Offline Targets don´t work. I uploaded 2 Images to the Target manager and downloaded the .wtc-file. I imported it into Unity and used it as Target Collection in the ClientTracker. But they don´t get recognized. Nothing happens when I build the App and try to scan the pictures. Same Pictures, but with CloudRecognition, work fine.
2. I have the same Problem with 3D-Tracking. I recorded a .wtm with the iOS Wikitude App and imported it into Unity (does not seem to be the desired way to record and export the map, but was´nt able to find another possibility to do it). Checked "use custom URL" and "3d-Tracking". The URL is: "file://TrackingMap.wtm". But when i run the app nothing happens.
3. I tried to build my own Tracking Map Recorder inside an App for Android. It worked until the Point where i have to specify in which directory the map should be saved. According to your (Native-Android) Documentation the "Tracking Map Recorder" has a stopRecording() function with a string as Parameter that defines the directory where the Map is going to be saved. But in the Unity-Plugin there is no way to call that Function manually (and i have found no other way to set the path). Is it (at the moment) even possible to record and save TrackingMaps in Unity? Because the Unity-Example App has no possibility to do this, it just automatically renders the Pipes when Map is recorded.
So my Questions are:
1. Why are my offline-Targets not recognized?
2. Is 3D-Tracking with Unity-Plugin possible (on Android as well as iOS)? If so, how is it possible to record and save the maps?
PS: I think it would be great if you make a tutorial on how to set up a WikitudeApp from scratch (eg. for ClientTracker). Because the "unity-tutorial" video just shows how to import the package and export the (already finished) app to Android. It would make it much easier to understand how the Components work together.