Start a new topic

Problems with geolocation code

Problems with geolocation code

Hi,

My name is Rita. I am a student, i'm in the last semester of university, and i am doing my final project with wikitude plugin for Córdova. I want to use geolocation using labels in some specific places.
I've been trying to use the code in the examples in my APP, to test it, but it never works, neither in Android studio emulator or my own Android device, wich runs Android 5.1. I tryed to open the examples on my smartphone, without changing anything, but it happens the same thing. When I run my project, or your examples, it shows a warning symbol, and, when I click on it, it just keep saying "Trying to find out where you are". This happens dedpite having internet connection (WiFi) and decide location on.
Can you, please, help me understanding what's happening and how I can fix it?
Also, the JavaScript files named 'architect.js' and 'ade.js', which are loaded in the examples code, are not explained in the documentation. Am I supposed to use any of these files, available with the examples?

Hope you can help me,

Rita Pinto

Hi,

"Trying to find out where you are". is shown if no location can be fetched. So it looks like there is an issue with the ap retrieving the location. Can you please debug and check if eg. you receive a valid location.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi,

I did the debug, but all it says in the debugger is: 

"Connected to the target VM, adress: 'localhost: 8600', transport: 'socket'".

The console have the following text:

"Target device: vodafone-vodafone_smart_ultra_6-9d40f002

Installing APK: C:Users\Utilizador\Desktop\Projeto\Tentativa07_CordovaCLI\AugmentedRealityProject\platforms\android\build\outputs\apk\android-debug.apk

Uploading file to: /data/local/tmp/com.yourid.arsample

Installing com.yourid.arsample

DEVICE SHELL COMMAND: pm install -r "/data/local/tmp/com.yourid.arsample"

pkg: /data/local/tmp/com.yourid.arsample

Success

Launching application: com.yourid.arsample/com.yourid.arsample.MainActivity.

DEVICE SHELL COMMAND: am start -D -n "com.yourid.arsample/com.yourid.arsample.MainActivity" -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER

Client not ready yet.

Client not ready yet.

Client not ready yet.

Client not ready yet.

Client not ready yet.

Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat= cmp=com.yourid.arsample/.MainActivity }

Connected to the target VM, address: 'localhost:8600', transport: 'socket'"

Hi,

If you open the map - does it show your location. Does the device have a magnetometer? Please check here the requirements for Android devices (you'll need the left collumn, as you also use geobased AR).

Greetings

Nicola

I've already checked ou the requirements, before testing it, for the first time, but i did it again.

If I open an app that requires geolocation, such as google maps, I have my exact location. That also happens with, at least, another app that I use, that uses geolocation.

I installed a compass app, just to be sure that I also have that, and it works fine.

Also installed an app (Sensor Kinectis), that uses the magnetometer.

So, I checked all the requirements, again, and my device fullfill them.

Note that Wikitude SDK does not run on emulators/simulators but has to be deployed to a supported Android/iOS device instead.

Hi,

Î tryed to run in emulator, but i've also been trying on my android device.

Great tutorial!!

Is there anyway you could have a dynamic map,  displayed rather than a static image? Is it harder to implement?
Login or Signup to post a comment