Start a new topic

No HTML or POIs are displayed on iOS

No HTML or POIs are displayed on iOS

Hi!

I've tested the SDK and developed an app on Android with the Cordova SDK.

It uses the POI functions and works fine, but I'm now trying to run it on iOS. The camera view is opened just like on Android, but nothing more is shown. On Android we've created a header with a back button, but this doesn't show on iOS. No POIs are shown. I'm testing the apps from the same physical location.

I'm using 5.1.1 in trial mode on iOS 9.0.1, and the code is based on one of the examples.

Thanks,
Magnus

I've found that neither the success or the error callback triggers when calling the loadARchitectWorld on iOS. I've tried to set an invalid URL for the world which triggers the error callback, so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Any ideas on what could be the problem here?

Hi Magnus,
Are you trying to load an Architect World from within the application bundle or a server? In case it's a server, try not to use https (Please refer to ATS introduced with iOS 9).

Best regards

Andreas

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. I actually solved the problem this weekend when I looked through the Cordova Demo initialization script. I found this line in the script.

NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription must be added to the iOS plist file, which I missed. I used the initialization script in the beginning but have removed and added the ios platform since then.

Thanks,
Magnus

Hi Magnus,
THX for sharing your solution! It hopefully helps others.

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment