Start a new topic

Camera FOV

Camera FOV

Hi there,

I'm trying to find the reason why my trigger (3 stars) gets lost so easily when I move the camera. I noticed that in the editor the Wikitude camera FOV is 34.25625 and if I change that number it seems that nothing works anymore. I was wondering if there's an explanation for that FOV number. I also tried to implement a delay to prevent my 3D model to get hidden again during the first 2 seconds after the trigger it's recognized by somehow it doesn't work, the model is always shown anyway and I can't understand why. Thanks for your answer.

Hi Robin,
Where did you find the FOV setting? Is it for you visible in the Editor? You shouldn't see this setting and you also don't need to set it. This is done by the Wikitude SDK in the background. The value influences the positioning of augmentations. If you change it, augmentations might not be visible or misplaced.

Regarding your delay: Have a look at the TrackableBehaviour. It defines that it's children are visible once the associated target image was found and hidden if it is lost again.

We also released version 1.1 of our Unity Plugin yesterday which introduces some API changes and adds a lot of examples. Maybe you wanna try it out and have a look at our examples oh how to use our plugin. We also updated our documentation.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

The FOV number is visible in the camera object once dragged into the scene. I saw the TrackableObject code but what is weird is that even if I delay the renderer hide call I still have the model disappearing if I tilt my device a bit. Could that be because the camera FOV angle is only 34 degrees?

Thanks

The FOV value shouldn't be an issue because we have our own projection matrix set to the camera.
Can you send us a project demonstrating your problem?

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I'll send you the link to my project in a private message
Login or Signup to post a comment