Start a new topic

Place your furniture feature

Place your furniture feature

Is it possible to make "IKEA place your furniture" using wikitude sdk with cordova plugin?

Hi, thanks for asking this question. I have seen many apps that has offered this feature in their apps like IKEA, SayDuck, Made.com, SnapShop, etc. I would also be interested to know whether Wikitude sdk enables us to do so?

Any help on this point people??

Regards,

Hi,
Yes, you can definetly do this using the Wikitude SDK. You can either use AR.RelativeLocations (if your application should be based on Geo AR) or you use 2d tracking (for that you need to refer to 2d image targets that user would need to place in there appartment).
2d tracking is more accurate but requires a target image. Using Geo AR does not require additional target images but is not that accurate. 

To move the furniture around in 3d space, simply change it's scale, translation and rotation with the AR.Model API.

Best regards

Andreas

How can I change the scale, transformation and rotation on runtime with touch and drag drop?

You can use JS touch events to change the 3d model translation/scale/rotation. We have an example for that: 3D Models - Snap to screen.

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment