Start a new topic

Tracking not consistent on real life objects

Tracking not consistent on real life objects

Hi Wikitude Team,

I have a physical step up motor (attached image for reference) that I currently want to track using the Wikitude SDK. I have clicked photos of the same and uploaded it on the target manager app. I have uploaded around 15-20 images of the motor in various angles. 

Each of the images have got a 1 star rating..

Now when I try to load the .wtc generated in my app and run the app then on scanning the motor the 3D model isn't rendered. The rendering takes a lot of time and sometimes does not happen.

Can someone suggest a solution for the same?

regards,

Akash

Hi,

If the images only have 1 star - this might not be optimal for recognition and tracking and that it takes some time to load the model might be a reason for the unsufficient quality of the images you're using. You can test your app with 3 star images and see if the model is displayed faster - if it does, then the target images and the e.g. also the way you scan the real object might be related to the issue.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

We have tried using the camera from high end smartphone devices like Motorola G and even iPhone 5 to capture the images (all .png or.jpg files only). However, none of the images that we have captured have a rating of more than 1.

We need to capture only images of the motor. Since finally we are going to track the motor itself. We can't include surrounding objects as that will affect the trackig.

can you suggest any ways by which we can better capture the image. Any specific setup or lighting conditions or dimensions required for the image? 

How are the Wikitude sample images (surfer, biker etc) being developed? Since all the sample images are getting a 2 star.

Please help as we are currently stuck in the tracking process. When we scan the real life object (eg. motor) we do not see the model.

Regards,

Akash

Here are some best practices for creating good target images.

Greetings

Nicola
Login or Signup to post a comment